• Pin Only

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Label and Pin both

Votes: 164 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All kidding aside, the add ins can only enhance the the story and thereby the intrinsic value of the project.

Back in 2006 it took all of 8 months just to hammer out the particulars of having 50 knives made to the exacting standards and discriminating tastes of the residents who reside on the porch and the denizens who inhabit the dark, dank basement of the porch. That place where we’re afraid to look at our own reflections in the mirrors.

In the end over the years they’ve managed to stream line the process of gettin’ a unique, for us Forum Knife at a reasonable price.

Just remember, the waiting is the hardest part.

Count your blessings and what you have as opposed to complaining about what you don’t have and/or cannot change.

I saw people stating their opinions, myself included, not complaining. Complaining usually comes after a decision has been made. Which in this case and at the moment, the poll is still open.

No mention was ever made about not appreciating what people have done, or are doing, to get this knife to delivery. I’m not complaining. I’m not upset at all.

Have any other baseless assumptions that you’d like for me to clear up?

I never thought something so trivial as a pin and a label would cause such consternation.

In any case, I voted for both. GEC knives come in tubes and any collector knows that a knife has a hair more value to a fellow collector if the original packaging (tube) is included in the resale. Why not make the tube special? Pins are fun and also part of the GEC tradition. Why not include one?

I understand the thinking, "What do baubles add to my knife?". And the answer quite simply is, next to nothing. There isn't anything wrong with folks who don't see the point in keeping tubes or pins. Just as there is nothing wrong with those who want that extra something special to add to the overall package.

The knife itself is turning out rather special. Not including this current poll, I am 4/5 in the voting (I voted Banner shield) so I can say that things have largely gone my way and I expect to be rather pleased with it. If the knife came in simple tissue paper, I'd be happy with it.

But if more attentive packaging with a unique message can be had at a negligible cost increase?

Why not?

In the end over the years they’ve managed to stream line the process of gettin’ a unique, for us Forum Knife at a reasonable price.
This is my second year participating in the forum knife process, and I have no complaints on the resulting knives or prices. It's a unique opportunity to get a special offering at a nice price, I agree, and I am appreciative of the opportunity afforded by the hard work of many others.

Just remember, the waiting is the hardest part.
Since my Forum Knife '18 has been with Buck for repairs for the last 11 weeks, I would like to amend this to "the waiting the second time is the hardest part"! :D

I read it as costing several dollars more. Several per cent more for things I don't want. Things that will not increase the value of the knife. Labels and a pin are clutter that do not benefit me.
I think it is important to remember that this is a forum knife, not an individual special order. Many of the details have been decided by polls. I lost several polls--doesn't matter which ones. In the end, I really like this knife, and the label and pin are details I appreciate. So do the majority. If you do not want to buy the knife, don't buy it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't buy it. Simple as that. If it had been acrylic, or bloodwood, for example, I wouldn't buy it. I would stop voting and stop commenting, and order something I really want.

Look for something you want and spend your money there. I understand your point, but it makes no sense to keep complaining. I hope you buy the knife and enjoy it.

I think it is important to remember that this is a forum knife, not an individual special order. Many of the details have been decided by polls. I lost several polls--doesn't matter which ones. In the end, I really like this knife, and the label and pin are details I appreciate. So do the majority. If you do not want to buy the knife, don't buy it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't buy it. Simple as that. If it had been acrylic, or bloodwood, for example, I wouldn't buy it. I would stop voting and stop commenting, and order something I really want.

Look for something you want and spend your money there. I understand your point, but it makes no sense to keep complaining. I hope you buy the knife and enjoy it.
This poll is about accessories. I get to voice my opinion and cast a vote just like everyone else. Giving my opinion isn't complaining.

This poll is about accessories. I get to voice my opinion and cast a vote just like everyone else. Giving my opinion isn't complaining.
You can certainly give your opinion, but I will have to disagree with you about definitions. To "complain" is to "express discontent." When you say things like "I don't want to pay...", "...I don't want...", and "Labels and pins are a clutter that do not benefit me," you are complaining. That is my opinion, anyway.

There is no need for disparagement, or even comment really, just vote! This isn't an issue where anyone is likely to be able to argue or persuade others to change their votes.
Thank You fishface5 fishface5 :thumbsup:

I’ve often wondered why someone continues to beat a dead horse?

Then yesterday I suddenly realized...that I too had a stick in my hand. :oops:

Now I know why my Dad would say, :)

"You kids either stop the nonsense, or I'm turning this car around."

and of course...

"Why do I buy you books, when you just eat the covers?"

Over & Out! :D

Thank You fishface5 fishface5

I’ve often wondered why someone continues to beat a dead horse?

RUxRSvw.gif

As I see it the forum knives while good user knives are also for collectors and may never be used these extras that add to the special nature of this knife add to the collector value. I am someone who is a bit of both, more user, so I would enjoy having the bonuses to keep as part of the collection particularly if it is a knife I ended up not enjoying and selling off. This particular situation here there to me is little reason not to go for the extras the cost associated with them is minimal. I get it being uninteresting to some and they will vote against it I certainly would if I were not a collector in the least. I am not voting myself as I am still on the edge and undecided as to weather I will be purchasing the knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back