• Standard

Votes: 124 42.0%
  • Matchstriker

Votes: 171 58.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I like the match strike a lot, a plain pull would not stop me from wanting this knife.
Mike

I'm voting matchstrike pull because I'm hoping for plain ebony covers with a diamond shield. I think the matchstrike will look good in this configuration - like Mike's 85 SFO's with matchstrike. I'm sure I won't get what I want in the polls, but got to vote for what I hope for.

Also inclined to vote matchstrike because GEC hasn't done it before on a sheepsfoot.

Matchstrike Matchstrike where do we fall?
Useful to some but useless to all
If I had one Kitchen match it would be fine
I would light fires maple and pine
Rough Rider has Matchstrike boy o boy
Chinese like kitchen match better than toy
Vote for Matchstrike life will be fine
Better stay away from those stands of pine

Like 75+% of the characteristics of a traditional pocket knife, it's more about aesthetics than utility.

Unless you are an avid loose stick match carrier; then this one aspect is 100% utility ;)

But I do get a kick out of looking at the old catalogs to see just how many niche knives there once was. Glad we didn't go with the tree scribe main blade....

Unless you are an avid loose stick match carrier; then this one aspect is 100% utility ;)

But I do get a kick out of looking at the old catalogs to see just how many niche knives there once was. Glad we didn't go with the tree scribe main blade....

I propose that in addition to the matchstrike, we should have a Bugs Bunny shield. For a modest advance payment I would handle all negotiations with the Disney Corporation. Then we could have a lanyard with Tinker Bells.

I think we should've gone for a FLEAM as single blade :cool::D:D:eek:

You know, that Matchstriker thing doubles up as a nail file too....;)

I agree, it's really cool to see how many extremely unusual patterns were made with really niche blades/tools etc.

I think it really shows that in the so called Golden Age of American Cutlery there were probably lots of people like us who bought knives because they enjoyed knives, not just for pure utility.

I do like the aesthetics of a matchstriker pull, but I had to vote for the standard. I think it’d fit the frame better.

I voted standard but either one looks pretty cool. I'd almost like it to be a mystery and just see what one showed up....GEC's choice :thumbsup:

I propose that in addition to the matchstrike, we should have a Bugs Bunny shield. For a modest advance payment I would handle all negotiations with the Disney Corporation. Then we could have a lanyard with Tinker Bells.

That would be an exercise in futility. Bugs Bunny is a Warner Brothers toon. Disney would be glad to take your money, though.

Disney is all about Princesses and I for one am not in favour.
WB had Nasty Canasta...the meanest toughest hombree this side o the Pecos...now there was a guy who struck matches on his stubble.
"We have a Hulk."

Sorry :oops: Back on topic... I thought this poll would be a little closer, but I'm good with whichever pull wins. I like 'em both and have to keep looking at the top to remember which one I voted for. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back