• Standard

Votes: 124 42.0%
  • Matchstriker

Votes: 171 58.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I propose that in addition to the matchstrike, we should have a Bugs Bunny shield. For a modest advance payment I would handle all negotiations with the Disney Corporation. Then we could have a lanyard with Tinker Bells.

Only one business has permission to use one of their characters in its logo: Alice Manufacturing in Easley, SC a textile company. They had a personal letter from Walt Disney in the company safe giving them permission to use Alice in Wonderland.

60829090-C49E-40D0-B814-EDCA05C86437.png

knifeswapper knifeswapper , do you know if the matchstriker pull adds significantly to the cost? I really could go either way, and want to leave room in the budget for cover options. Thanks for your patience.

I have never found anything that adds "significantly" to the cost of a GEC knife - but man do all the "insignificant amount" things add up quickly. Short answer: no.

Last edited:
I have never found anything that adds "signficantly" to the cost of a GEC knife - but man do all the "insignificant amount" things add up quickly. Short answer: no.
Thanks, good to know. :cool::thumbsup:

Can you still get matches that will strike on one of those pulls??:rolleyes:
A Google search of "Strike Anywhere Matches" says yes. I haven't seen any myself in a long time.

I propose that in addition to the matchstrike, we should have a Bugs Bunny shield. For a modest advance payment I would handle all negotiations with the Disney Corporation. Then we could have a lanyard with Tinker Bells.
Bugs is Warner Bros;), Disney will surely give you the ok.

A Google search of "Strike Anywhere Matches" says yes. I haven't seen any myself in a long time.

Come on out to Alturas, CA Gary and go to the Holiday Market where you can buy all the "Strike Anywhere Matches" you'll ever want. They're made by Diamond.

The wood stove reigns in this area and there's nothing like lighting a wood fire with a wood match.

I don't light them with my thumb nail anymore. The last time I did I got a piece of the phosphorus match head stuck under my thumb nail and burned the heck out of myself. I performed a couple new dances that day and taught the dogs some phrases they'd never heard before.

Come on out to Alturas, CA Gary and go to the Holiday Market where you can buy all the "Strike Anywhere Matches" you'll ever want. They're made by Diamond.

The wood stove reigns in this area and there's nothing like lighting a wood fire with a wood match.

I don't light them with my thumb nail anymore. The last time I did I got a piece of the phosphorus match head stuck under my thumb nail and burned the heck out of myself. I performed a couple new dances that day and taught the dogs some phrases they'd never heard before.
I like lighting them on the beard stubble of guys in the saloon when I'm feeling feisty.

Ouch, Ed!
I guess I haven't seen them because I wasn't looking. We had a wood stove and a fireplace up until a few years ago, they've now been changed to natural gas. We always used the wood matches that you strike on the box.
I do recall a friend of mine using the zipper on his jeans to strike the "Strike Anywhere" matches on. This was when I was a kid. In retrospect he wasn't the smartest guy I've known.
A knife with a match striker pull would have been a much better choice.:D

I personally think a matchstriker pull looks mighty handsome on a satin finished blade (like Mike's 85s and the Mardi Gras 56s) so that's where my vote went. Obviously a detail that insignificant wouldn't sway me liking the knife any less either way.

I have a couple of boxes of Diamond strike anywhere matches. Never got one to light on any of my RR matchstrike pulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back