Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

3-4 batting .750 not bad!

Congrats to the wood voters, excited to see what the next options will be.

Barehead is the only poll which has gone my way. Excellent jigged bone was the last chance to salvage a special knife for me, so now I'm just along for the ride. As a member, I'll still buy one, but it will see no use. :(

I missed the blade steel, number of blades, blade grind, pattern, and blade shape polls :mad:

But I will still buy one as long as it has a good blade etch!!!

I am thinking this:

:thumbsdown::thumbsup:

This:

Post Removed

Or maybe this:

:eek:

Barehead is the only poll which has gone my way. Excellent jigged bone was the last chance to salvage a special knife for me, so now I'm just along for the ride. As a member, I'll still buy one, but it will see no use. :(

I understand that, I have many wood knives and like them but carry them seldom (apart from Puukko) Jigged Bone when done well is always superior, but that's the sticking point, when done well or as you put it excellent jigged bone. But, what's the likelihood of getting that on a huge run of potentially 500 knives? Not very good I'd opine, wood is more consistent in many ways.

Here's a chance to choose a wood with grain, figure, whorls etc rather than the old uniform black(if you're very lucky that is.....;))

I’ve been quite negligent in buying wood handled knives (outside of Buck Folding Hunters & 301/303 pocketknives and old Case working pocketknives). I’m pretty interested in adding an exotic dark wood handled GEC to my collection - only missed on one poll so far (the initial Buck vs. GEC poll). However, that lemon has rapidly turned to lemonade. OH

Seems like we're gonna see much of the same wood offered in the next poll. It's a shame we could have had a relatively one of a kind Jigged bone...oh well this knife will still be a dandy.

If the pins and liners are going to be brass....this may be a (small) reason to consider a brown or red wood over ebony. Maybe.

Not that ebony looks bad with brass, just better with steel. IMO.

I might have troubles settling on a choice to be honest. Can't wait to see the possibilities.

Will have same internals material (bolster, pins, liners) as production models.

Thanks for checking Mike. I have to pull for the reddish....brownish.....woods now.:D I do love me some Cocobolo. Ebony would be fine too but in my imagination the nickel silver pins, shield and bolsters would've been the ultimate with Ebony, AB. Thanks again for checking and everything that you do to make this happen.

Thanks for checking Mike. I have to pull for the reddish....brownish.....woods now.:D I do love me some Cocobolo. Ebony would be fine too but in my imagination the nickel silver pins, shield and bolsters would've been the ultimate with Ebony, AB. Thanks again for checking and everything that you do to make this happen.
I agree with this pulling for a red/brown wood.

Just throwin' this out there, would anyone else be down for a Pin/Button/Badge with the Forum knife this year?

A porch image maybe, or a "Vote" theme of some kind.

Could be fun, and every knife would come with one!
That's a cool idea!

Back