Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

I wonder if an EO notch is an option. I like them. I know it's not needed because it's a sheepsfoot that's easily pinchable, but so is a Beer Scout...along with most of the other GEC knives with an EO notch.

It would be handy for this knife. Especially if you're wearing gloves. Since the forum knife is supposed to have thicker gauge blade, I'd assume the matching thicker spring will give it a stout pull.

TOZKwIy.jpg

OoEKqs8.jpg

I wonder if an EO notch is an option. I like them. I know it's not needed because it's a sheepsfoot that's easily pinchable, but so is a Beer Scout...along with most of the other GEC knives with an EO notch.

TOZKwIy.jpg

OoEKqs8.jpg
I certainly think it would go well with the knife. A saber grind peeking out through an EO is a good thing in my book. Plus I think it looks nautical.

I certainly feel that anything enough Porch denizens are in favor of is deserving of a Poll. I, for instance, would vote for an EO notch as well.

That being said, I think the EO option would get crushed by the opposition. But that's no reason to not have a vote. Same with a Bail or Lanyard tube. :thumbsup:

Sure! I'll add a version with a lanyard hole too if anyone wants to see what that would look like.
Will post later this evening.
I don't like lanyards on my knives but I like lanyard holes strangely. Love to see that mock up! :thumbsup:

It would be handy for this knife. Especially if you're wearing gloves. Since the forum knife is supposed to have thicker gauge blade, I'd assume the matching thicker spring will give it a stout pull.

TOZKwIy.jpg

OoEKqs8.jpg
Great idea. I would love it with the notch and bale.

TOZKwIy.jpg

OoEKqs8.jpg

I'm all for a notch too. Now that I wake up every morning with aching knuckles, I find myself looking for features as much as asthetics. I asked about an EO option back on page 12, but the star shield was the topic of the day.

I certainly feel that anything enough Porch denizens are in favor of is deserving of a Poll. I, for instance, would vote for an EO notch as well.

That being said, I think the EO option would get crushed by the opposition. But that's no reason to not have a vote. Same with a Bail or Lanyard tube. :thumbsup:
I’m aftraid you are probably correct on that. :(

I'd love to see EO notch and lanyard hole mock-ups. I'd also love to see what a fixed bail would look like, but it may not be worth bothering, as I think I'd be in the great minority on that option.
I would be good with bail or hole. I like to attach a little fob so it’s easier to sort out in the pocket, especially on knives that don’t have a pocket clip.

I like the EO notch on my 85s in terms of ease of opening and even in regards to the aesthetics. However, I do not care for having it in hand a whole lot. My ring finger doesn't know where to go and it is uncomfortable and distracting. So I wouldn't necessarily be in favor of one. I would think that a sheepfoot blade would be pinchable anyway.

I am not opposed to a bail but I would be more interested in it being fixed rather than one that utilizes a lanyard hole. I understand that a lanyard hole provides users with more options but a bail would flop around on that and I would likely never use a lanyard.

EO notches don’t feel right in my hand. Bails don’t feel right in my pocket.

The knife looks like it’ll be pinchable with ease already so the notch is basically a gimmick to me. The bail? Make it removable so I can have the lanyard hole and keep the d-ring in the tube lol.

Back