1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Sabercat

Sabercat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I think the star would look good, as would the diamond. While the corset and Orleans shields are my favorites in general, I don't feel they'd fit the overall aesthetic of this knife quite as well.

After staring at the mock up for quite awhile, and imagining all of the possibilities, I feel the Crest shield would look best.

tmd_87 likes this.
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Maybe an anchor shield?

Behr95, meako and cigarrodog like this.
  3. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Sweet! Thanks Mike!
    [​IMG]

meako likes this.
  4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    I think it was wise of Mike to put the shield in the last round. It can really balance out the knife in the end, so, to me, the decision is really dependent on all of the other factors.

5. Agent Orange Peel

Agent Orange Peel Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2018
    This made my day.

6. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Yea crest or shield would like nice and classic on this bigger frame.

Sabercat likes this.
  7. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Thanks, Mike, this looks great. I’m glad to see all the options. I think one of the larger, longer shields will look better on this larger frame.

tmd_87 likes this.
  8. CVamberbonehead

CVamberbonehead Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Northfield with match striker pull

Elgatodeacero and Frailer like this.
  9. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Many thanks for spearheading this monumental undertaking. It makes me think of that old EDS TV commercial with the cat-herders...

Also--kudos for the idea of keeping phase polls short and fast. I suspect little would be accomplished by letting them drag on.

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The short polls will probably keep the nonsense to a minimum :p

meako, Sabercat, mitch4ging and 3 others like this.
  11. ElMonoDelMar

ElMonoDelMar

May 31, 2009
    This might be somewhat off topic, but who would I need to contact about getting a waiver for the minimum post count on the forum knife buy? I really like the 86 so I'm thinking this is the year where I finally try to get in on the action.

Jak3 likes this.
  12. BigJim2x

BigJim2x Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Outstanding Mike! I know how much work for little compensation there is. I appreciate you taking up the gauntlet. Thank you.

Jim

13. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Peregrin and knarfeng are the Moderators of this sub forum. They are who you want to contact.

ElMonoDelMar likes this.
  14. Aryan29

Aryan29

May 20, 2018
    Looking forward to my first Forum knife,
    Many Thanks to the team and all who make it possible. Appreciate the long hours and effort put in.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  15. wintermute

wintermute Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Agreed. I'm going to mention it again, but if some sort of ebony wood is chosen, I hope we can go with a Banner shield with "Black Sheep" stamped on it as @Buzzbait suggested a while back.

meako, Spencergarden and cigarrodog like this.
  16. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks for your time and effort on this project, Mike (and your wife:))

Looks like GEC is open to most anything reasonable and has given us plenty of latitude with options. I hope this dispels some of the disparaging chatter about them not being interested in making our forum knife. Seems the opposite is true. Although, I am sure there are one or two who won't let go of that.:rolleyes:

Any members outside of the US who want to get a forum knife, I would be glad to help when the time comes. Just let me know.

meako, MerryMadMonk, cbr1000 and 5 others like this.
  17. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    I'm gonna sit this one out because I can't get past that blade choice. Enjoy the process. Hopefully you come up with something so compelling that I have to buy one. :)

18. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    :thumbsup: Thank you very much Mike!

Aryan29 likes this.
  19. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Filoso, OLd_gUY, zolthar and 7 others like this.
  20. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    cigarrodog likes this.