Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

I think the star would look good, as would the diamond. While the corset and Orleans shields are my favorites in general, I don't feel they'd fit the overall aesthetic of this knife quite as well.

After staring at the mock up for quite awhile, and imagining all of the possibilities, I feel the Crest shield would look best.

Sweet! Thanks Mike!
LSm4LoG.jpg

I think the star would look good, as would the diamond. While the corset and Orleans shields are my favorites in general, I don't feel they'd fit the overall aesthetic of this knife quite as well.

After staring at the mock up for quite awhile, and imagining all of the possibilities, I feel the Crest shield would look best.
Yea crest or shield would like nice and classic on this bigger frame.

Thanks, Mike, this looks great. I’m glad to see all the options. I think one of the larger, longer shields will look better on this larger frame.

Many thanks for spearheading this monumental undertaking. It makes me think of that old EDS TV commercial with the cat-herders...

Also--kudos for the idea of keeping phase polls short and fast. I suspect little would be accomplished by letting them drag on.

This might be somewhat off topic, but who would I need to contact about getting a waiver for the minimum post count on the forum knife buy? I really like the 86 so I'm thinking this is the year where I finally try to get in on the action.

Outstanding Mike! I know how much work for little compensation there is. I appreciate you taking up the gauntlet. Thank you.

Jim

This might be somewhat off topic, but who would I need to contact about getting a waiver for the minimum post count on the forum knife buy? I really like the 86 so I'm thinking this is the year where I finally try to get in on the action.
Peregrin and knarfeng are the Moderators of this sub forum. They are who you want to contact.

I think it was wise of Mike to put the shield in the last round. It can really balance out the knife in the end, so, to me, the decision is really dependent on all of the other factors.

Agreed. I'm going to mention it again, but if some sort of ebony wood is chosen, I hope we can go with a Banner shield with "Black Sheep" stamped on it as @Buzzbait suggested a while back.

Thanks for your time and effort on this project, Mike (and your wife:))

Looks like GEC is open to most anything reasonable and has given us plenty of latitude with options. I hope this dispels some of the disparaging chatter about them not being interested in making our forum knife. Seems the opposite is true. Although, I am sure there are one or two who won't let go of that.:rolleyes:

Any members outside of the US who want to get a forum knife, I would be glad to help when the time comes. Just let me know.

I'm gonna sit this one out because I can't get past that blade choice. Enjoy the process. Hopefully you come up with something so compelling that I have to buy one. :)

Back