Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

This will be a busy and exciting 2 weeks coming up. I'm looking forward to the options being voted on.

I'm all for fun, Colin!!:)
But form follows function every time in a successful pocketknife!!
Fun is peeling an apple all in one long peel!! Not possible, at least not easy, with a saber grind on a heavy blade.:(
Of course, it might be fun bashing it through an inch and a half hawser with a belaying pin!!:D
I guess all knives have their uses!!:rolleyes:
Being a city slicker and not a sailor, I guess I am prejudiced!!:D
Well, you can't please everyone, you know! I keep reading about lots of guys using a pocketknife to slice or peel their apples. Would have never occurred to me. Easiest thing is to take an apple in one hand and just bite into it. I don't use a pocket knife that often on food, although I'll use my trapper to cut BBQ if the restaurant serves me a plastic knife.
If the sabre grind has been settled on, doesn't seem worth discussing any more, in my opinion. We still have lots of options to vote on.

I'm all for fun, Colin!!:)
But form follows function every time in a successful pocketknife!!
Fun is peeling an apple all in one long peel!! Not possible, at least not easy, with a saber grind on a heavy blade.:(
Of course, it might be fun bashing it through an inch and a half hawser with a belaying pin!!:D
I guess all knives have their uses!!:rolleyes:
Being a city slicker and not a sailor, I guess I am prejudiced!!:D

There’s all kinds of fun you can have with an apple and a saber grind. Think of how far apart you can launch the two halves of your apple by using this knife as a splitting maul! ;)

Knife to cut BBQ? Sounds like the BBQ needs some more quality time in the smoker! ;)
I prefer to cut my food with a knife and not a fork. And for sausage a sharp knife is a lot more effective than a plastic fork. I don't generally eat brisket or sausage with my hands. (Ribs, yes, but I don't usually order ribs). And I don't even bother with chicken: beef or pork for me!

There’s all kinds of fun you can have with an apple and a saber grind. Think of how far apart you can launch the two halves of your apple by using this knife as a splitting maul! ;)

Far be it from me to "antagonize" but ...................................................................:rolleyes:

Just had to get that in there.

The covers that will be available haven't been listed yet so there's still a possibility for Buffalo Chip covers.:thumbsup:

I prefer to cut my food with a knife and not a fork. And for sausage a sharp knife is a lot more effective than a plastic fork. I don't generally eat brisket or sausage with my hands. (Ribs, yes, but I don't usually order ribs). And I don't even bother with chicken: beef or pork for me!
You oughta try smoking a whole chicken with cherry and/or apple wood after marinating it in apple cider vinager and crushed red pepper overnight sometime!

You oughta try smoking a whole chicken with cherry and/or apple wood after marinating it in apple cider vinager and crushed red pepper overnight sometime!
Well, you got my mouth watering!
Don't think I've ever used--or preferred--any other wood for smoking than mesquite, which is native to this area. But I buy cherry wood and applewood smoked bacon, and it's pretty good.

Yummmeah.
How bout some Walnut to go with that?
20190226-092621.jpg

The short polls will probably keep the nonsense to a minimum :p

:D mmm...mmm hm...definitely....

Well, you can't please everyone, you know! I keep reading about lots of guys using a pocketknife to slice or peel their apples. Would have never occurred to me. Easiest thing is to take an apple in one hand and just bite into it. I don't use a pocket knife that often on food, although I'll use my trapper to cut BBQ if the restaurant serves me a plastic knife.
If the sabre grind has been settled on, doesn't seem worth discussing any more, in my opinion. We still have lots of options to vote on.
Agreed, Vince.
Not to mention the only good part for you in an apple is the skin and directly under it. Peel it and you may as well have a sugar cookie instead.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back