Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

Far be it from me to "antagonize" but ...................................................................The covers that will be available haven't been listed yet .....................
Wrong again! Seems to be a pattern.:D:D
See below

Slabs: Any slabs GEC currently utilizes. If not a current GEC general production slab; GEC nor dealer will warranty against unforeseen slab defects. First will choose type, then specific.
--most older acrylics are just run for a year or so - thus will probably not still be available

Shield: None or Any general production shield not allocated to an sfo or specialty (beaver, rose, etc.). If BF wants a unique shield it is not a problem, but will add costs. BF will have to provide the designer to deliver a vector drawing.
--smooth slabs have to have non-stamped shield

Provisional: If everything falls into place for special polls, we can hold them here. For example, if everything works out exactly right to vote on a brushed shield/bolster - we could do that in this phase.

International Participants: If you live outside the U.S. and fully plan to purchase a knife, but do not already have a re-shipper service set up; send me ( support@collectorknives.net ) an email with a subject of "International BF Delivery" and body including only your name and country. This will help me start gauging a possible solution for this issue.

Wrong again! Seems to be a pattern.:D:D
See below

A specific slab has not been selected yet - i.e. brown jigged bone, osage wood, gabon ebony, bocote wood, tortoise shell acrylic, etc.. You know, specific slabs/slabs material - what the slabs will be made of.

Agreed, Vince.
Not to mention the only good part for you in an apple is the skin and directly under it. Peel it and you may as well have a sugar cookie instead.:rolleyes:
On a positive note... 40+ years of experience has showed that if I have to grab a piece of fruit and just eat it, probably not gonna happen... the last couple years of experience has showed that if I get to cut it up, I'll eat 9 to 10 apples/plums/pears/peaches a week (peel included). So knives are really a health benefit! :D

A specific slab has not been selected yet - i.e. brown jigged bone, osage wood, gabon ebony, bocote wood, tortoise shell acrylic, etc.. You know, specific slabs/slabs material - what the slabs will be made of.
Well, that's different than what you said:
"The covers that will be available haven't been listed yet":D:cool::eek::oops:

On a positive note... 40+ years of experience has showed that if I have to grab a piece of fruit and just eat it, probably not gonna happen... the last couple years of experience has showed that if I get to cut it up, I'll eat 9 to 10 apples/plums/pears/peaches a week (peel included). So knives are really a health benefit! :D
Totally agree! Just don't peel it !!!!:D:)

Well, you can't please everyone, you know! I keep reading about lots of guys using a pocketknife to slice or peel their apples. Would have never occurred to me. Easiest thing is to take an apple in one hand and just bite into it...

Easy, yes, but I can't digest apple skins, they make me nauseous. The flesh has about half the nutrition of the total, so they're still worth eating without and I eat a couple per day. Besides, it's an excellent knife test.

Easy, yes, but I can't digest apple skins, they make me nauseous. The flesh has about half the nutrition of the total, so they're still worth eating without and I eat a couple per day. Besides, it's an excellent knife test.

Actually, when they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away they're referring to constipation. You see, apple skins help form a solid stool. Kinda gets back to the buffalo chip cover possibility.

if jigged bone is a cover option it seems like the forum really needs to see what the jigging can be looking like to vote on slabs?

It might be that we need a jigging poll to be decided before slabs poll, or anti-bone handle riff raff and malcontents will paint word pictures of the worst jigging ever and that will kill bone. no joke.

Fair enough. I like the peel and have never had a problem digesting it.
My favorite way to eat an apple is peeled, cut, cooked, and with sugar and cinnamon in a pie!

This knife is rumored to include heavier gauge blade material. With a saber grind it will be thicker than average behind the edge, making it tough to be sharpened as a real slicer! I think a saber grind would be a mistake. Flat grind please!!!
I thought it odd that this blade grind wasn't even considered as something to be decided by majority. Is it because it is the only option offered? Or was a decision made by the organizers? Either way, enjoy your knives guys, I am out.

I suggest that the initial post be copied and placed in a new thread, and made as a sticky for handy reference, but closed to new posts since it is really a good reference of the plan for the upcoming polls.

And as each new poll is completed, a link added in that thread to reference to the completed poll.

G2

Last edited:
if jigged bone is a cover option it seems like the forum really needs to see what the jigging can be looking like to vote on slabs?

It might be that we need a jigging poll to be decided before slabs poll, or anti-bone handle riff raff and malcontents will paint word pictures of the worst jigging ever and that will kill bone. no joke.
What about pro-bone anti-jigging malcontents? ;)

Back