• -- Houndtooth

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

knifeswapper

Knife Peddler
OK, this one will be a little tricky; so please read the instructions.

Each person can select two options. But ONE OF THE OPTIONS MUST BE "With Shield" or "Without Shield". This way no single shield has to compete with no shield. Regardless of your choice on these, you can then vote on one of the shield options.

Also, I can only have 10 options. Three of them are "With Shield", "Without Shield", and "Custom Shield". So, I will write in the other 7 over the next couple days. Just post your recommendation and if you get a couple folks to agree we will write it in. Banana and Star are out due to previous requirements. No shield will have a stamp and depending on the wood, these may be brushed.
- I went ahead and filled in 3 I have seen mentioned more than once.

Write-ins: Orleans x 3, Propeller x 4, Crown x 1, Guitar x 1, Bowtie x 2, Federal x 3, Oval x 1, Hounds Tooth x 3, Swell Bar x 2

General questions should go back to the Core thread.

gec-shields-jpg.1084944

Last edited:
I'd like to recommend the Orleans shield but I'm going to hold off voting for a few days to see what we come up with for the write ins.

Bomb for me but I'd be happy with diamond or banner, in that order.

I'd like to see a propeller shield, it's long time traditional, perfectly sized to be well balanced on this pattern and has the correct character for a hard working knife. It can be seen on African Blackwood in one of Darren's mock ups.

Edit; found it
s7w7xUb.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to recommend the Orleans shield but I'm going to hold off voting for a few days to see what we come up with for the write ins.

REVERSE Orleans (thicker end towards the end of the handle). There was a mock-up somewhere but I can't seem to find it. It'd match the contour of the handle as well as give us something a little different than the usual.

the crown shield is the best looking and most unique!

i cannot think of any GeC's that have had the crown shield..... there must be a few in the past?

REVERSE Orleans (thicker end towards the end of the handle). There was a mock-up somewhere but I can't seem to find it. It'd match the contour of the handle as well as give us something a little different than the usual.
Yes, I was going to suggest the reverse Orleans shield also. It would be a another unique aspect to this knife. Here is the example...

213012BB-C702-4E73-AF62-51E05B1A40E1.jpeg

Whatever shield the mob selects, it would be cool if it has room for getting it engraved. Jeff, not Amir Fleschwund!

Ok it will be a little overwhelming to post a mock-up for every wood choice along with every shield...in addition to brass/silver pins. I will try to use a different shield for each wood and use my best judgement. If you have a specific request please just let me know and I'll post it.

Ok it will be a little overwhelming to post a mock-up for every wood choice along with every shield...in addition to brass/silver pins. I will try to use a different shield for each wood and use my best judgement. If you have a specific request please just let me know and I'll post it.

Maybe just AB at this point; if something gets closer might expand.

Unfortunately you can boot all the silver pins. Mike didn't specifically say no steel pins, but said the forum knife with have same pins as general run. Basically that means brass liners, pins, and nickel silver bolster :(

I'd like to see a propeller shield, it's long time traditional, sized perfect to be balanced on this pattern and has the correct character for a hard working knife. It can be seen on African Blackwood in one of Darren's mock ups.

Edit; found it
s7w7xUb.jpg
I have an updated version with the right bolsters and touched up shield...will post in a bit along with the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back