• -- Federal

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • -- Houndtooth

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this would be a good frame for the crown shield, personally.
A curved shield on a swell end?
No thank you.

The acorn is my favorite RR shield. Would it be a travesty to put one on a GEC? In any case, I would like to see a mockup. If that doesn’t get legs, the reverse Orleans looks good to me, but I think I will hang back for a while.
GEC puts Acorns on SS knives and some carbon fixed blades IIRC.

I’m all about the bowtie shield for the vintage WW2 TL-29 look.
I agree, and recommend a bowtie shield. It's fancy, but not too fancy.
lCNMIua.jpg

Does anyone want a federal shield? On the one hand, it's pretty common. On the other hand, it's classic. ;)

The banner shield is massive. It was on the 98 camp knife and I'm guessing it's near 2 inches long. It's long and big enough that at the time that knife came out people were getting the shield inscribed. Big enough to write on. Im wondering if the mock up size is correct.

I agree, and recommend a bowtie shield. It's fancy, but not too fancy.
lCNMIua.jpg

Does anyone want a federal shield? On the one hand, it's pretty common. On the other hand, it's classic. ;)
The commonality of the federal is why I requested a crest. (along with a badge)

Is there any love for the Acorn? Only for GEC stainless maybe?

I'm seeing lots of vintage patterns with the Acorn that look great.

Could we do a Squirrel Shield? This is a pretty squirrelly process, haha.
I Agree!
Oh yeah! Love the acorns, too! I’d be down to have a different acorn design than the one reserved for GEC brand knives.

My first GEC had the Acorn, so I have a soft spot for it. Not a very common shield either.

I would like to see a Federal shield on this one with smooth wood. Pure class :cool:

Crest shield, thanks Mike for everything you are doing to make this happen.

In my humble opinion this knife is already shaping up to be a little wonky from a design aesthetic. The blade profile is a little jarring when matched with a swell end oval. Toss in the high saber grind, which projects a straight line down the blade and you have more imbalance.C Adding any sort of straight line geometry via the shield just accentuates this dischord.

Hence, a flowing design to the shield can help to offset the design eccentricities. I think the Orleans would work nicely. Maybe it's a bit ornate for a "work knife" and I was initially inclined to go with a standard bar shield for my vote but hey, it's the Forum Knife so it should be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back