• Micarta

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

knifeswapper

Knife Peddler
OK, #86 Saber Sheepfoot; the trim is Northfield (cut swedge, long matchstriker pull, lined bolster); blade is satin finished; frame is bare ended.

This poll is to decide a Slab type before we move on to specific slab.

This poll will close on 3/7.

International Participants: If you live outside the U.S. and fully plan to purchase a knife, but do not already have a re-shipper service set up; send me ( support@collectorknives.net ) an email with a subject of "International BF Delivery" and body including only your name and country. This will help me start gauging a possible solution for this issue.

If you want to envision your shield choice with your slab choice, here is the shield table that we will poll from later.
GEC-SHIELDS.jpg

Thanks Mike, this is exciting.
I'm hoping for wood this year. I'm in for anything except bone though, that would be the only make or break result of the process for me.

Smooth Bone

dsHC3NT.jpg

I'll post a few samples of each in this thread later this evening when I get home (although you can find one of each already in the photoshop thread or the other forum knife thread). If you all have any particular requests I'll see what I can do to mock it up.
So far I have the following materials already mocked up:
* Ebony Wood
* Checkered Ebony Wood
* Jobillo Wood
* Sawcut Bone (Red or Brown)
* Cocobolo Wood
* Jigged Bone
* Smooth Autumn Gold Bone
* Tortoise Shell Acrylic
* Scratted Bone
* Glitter Gold Acrylic (this was a joke really...please don't vote for this lol)

I also have the following shields mocked up already:
* Bar
* Banner
* Swell Bar
* Propellor
* Diamond
* Star
* Houndtooth

Last edited:
Not complaining one bit but I am curious why there is no Micarta option listed. Is that because Micarta is generally done on the Tidioute line?

Right now, smooth wood has my vote. It is hard to vote for bone without knowing the jigging styles and colors that we might choose from. I am rather fond of bone (jigged and smooth) but I am pretty picky when it comes to color and texture.

Smooth wood is reliably going to be awesome, regardless of species. I even am quite fond of walnut, which many might find rather mundane.

I went with acrylic! It's very strong, perfect for a barehead.

The regular run of 86s probably won't have an acrylic option.

Wood looks tempting on this pattern, but take a look at your GEC collection. Isn't there a lot of bone and wood in there already? What are the chances you'll get your preference in the next poll? We could end up with boring old ebony again...:)

I'll post a few samples of each in this thread later this evening when I get home (although you can find one of each already in the photoshop thread or the other forum knife thread). If you all have any particular requests I'll see what I can do to mock it up.
I was about to hit jigged bone, then changed to smooth wood. Then remembered one of your samples with the jigged bone, and it sure looked good! Changed back to jigged bone. May go back and forth a couple of times. May even just flip a coin!

I was about to hit jigged bone, then changed to smooth wood. Then remembered one of your samples with the jigged bone, and it sure looked good! Changed back to jigged bone. May go back and forth a couple of times. May even just flip a coin!
In my opinion, everyone should wait until they have seen one of the mock ups before voting. My guess is a lot of us are going to be flipping a coin this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back