• Wood Jigged

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Micarta

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several woods are identified as an endangered restricted specie by international treaty and by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. CITES Schedule II includes all Rosewoods, African Blackwood, Gabon Ebony, Cocobolo, and Kingwood.
And....I may change back to jigged bone. Because I have been in the "bone camp" since the get go...idk. Maybe I should think it through.

I do find it curious that there are folks who prefer no shield. Goes to show how different and varied tastes can be.

I happen to like a bare head, swell end jack with an attractive shield. The S & M below is not a perfect knife but what attracts me the most to it is its shield.

VvCrJCg.jpg

Several woods are identified as an endangered restricted specie by international treaty and by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. CITES Schedule II includes all Rosewoods, African Blackwood, Gabon Ebony, Cocobolo, and Kingwood.

All of those are fairly regularly used by GEC. According to a prior post related to this those covers are options fyi.

I do find it curious that there are folks who prefer no shield. Goes to show how different and varied tastes can be.

I happen to like a bare head, swell end jack with an attractive shield. The S & M below is not a perfect knife but what attracts me the most to it is its shield.

VvCrJCg.jpg
That's an attractive shield, but my preference is for none. Don't think I'll be in the majority.

This vote is close! How exciting!

I'm starting to think acrylic (butter and molasses?) might not have a real chance...

I have such a strong dislike for Osage Orange as a slab material that I will likely swing toward jigged bone, even tho I think, ultimately, that an African Blackwood or ebony would look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back