• Wood Jigged

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Micarta

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can possibly be swayed, but that doesn't feel like a chance I want to take.

I would want assurances that OO wouldn't even be in the poll, haha.

I was one who piped up early and liked osage but you sir, can be most assured. If you vote for smooth wood, I will not vote OO :D

Look at the ebony and king woods and all those options.

I like jigged bone but between no guarantee of random or what color or possibly saw cut. Wood is the safe choice.......ok, campaigning over :)

I would love to see Smooth Autumn Gold Bone so I can do my personal custom over dye.....

10s4y7d.jpg

5p0wb8.jpg

I think stag wasn’t offered because of the price increase but of course I could be wrong. Plus, 70% of people would probably get a 2nd rate set of slabs.

I realize GEC isn't going to make 143 knives with 7 different shields...…… But...……. Make 76 knives with the agreed upon shield and the remaining 67 w/o a shield...….. It would save them the 10 $cent$ for the shield & the labor of inletting the handle to install said shield...…… I can't see where that would be a big ta-do...……. It would keep the anti shield people happy...….

I would love to see Smooth Autumn Gold Bone so I can do my personal custom over dye.....

10s4y7d.jpg

5p0wb8.jpg

I think stag wasn’t offered because of the price increase but of course I could be wrong. Plus, 70% of people would probably get a 2nd rate set of slabs.
I think the cost is a big part, especially for the size slabs that would be required, but I would be happy with any stag, even that that some would consider "2nd rate."

I don’t know where GEC gets it stock from....
....The same style (rogers jig bone) that has been commented on a lot in this thread has been used recently for the Maher and Grosch Yankee Whittler knife, as I have posted previously.
....At post #36, Mike indicated that this style of jigging may not be available in any event (that is, if his term ‘culpepper bone’ is a reference to this style).

Any bone on a GEC knife over the last 10 years or so, has been done by GEC's "Bone Room".
Culpepper bone is not a style; they were the supplier of much of the bone the first 2 or so years of GEC production. Carved pumpkin, Brimstone, etc.

@knifeswaper - maybe this was asked and if so I must have missed it. Will No Shield be a choice in the Shield Poll?

Yes.

Cost was not a consideration on the stag; it was intentionally excluded from the list at the factory. Didn't ask why.

Last edited:
Smooth wood leaves a lot of fun options.. snake wood, black woods, ironwood, bloodwood, kingwood...

Yeah, but the word I've seen most often from the smooth bone advocates is "Ebony." Now I like Ebony just fine, but Ebony-clad GEC's are pretty ubiquitous. Seems like just about every GEC pattern gets an Ebony version. I'd be willing to bet that there'll be an Ebony in the standard #86 run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back