• Cocobolo

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Che Chen

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I would be happy with any of those choices. It is a shame that we are somewhat limited, yet at the same time we do have a good amount of selection. Too many choices can often have unintended side effects.

Based on my personal experience as well as the experiences shared by others, Ebony has a greater propensity towards brown. Of all of the Ebony I have, over half are brown and streaky. I have grown to like it but I still maintain a preference towards the blackest of black. For now, my vote is firmly in the African Blackwood camp but I will continue to be curious how the discussion unfolds.

(ETA: The examples below are of some of my more "brown" Ebony)

7LI4tS8.jpg

2Lrbtu1.jpg

L3oMXUi.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I would be happy with any of those choices. It is a shame that we are somewhat limited, yet at the same time we do have a good amount of selection. Too many choices can often have unintended side effects.

Based on my personal experience as well as the experiences shared by others, Ebony has a greater propensity towards brown. Of all of the Ebony I have, over half are brown and streaky. I have grown to like it but I still maintain a preference towards the blackest of black. For now, my vote is firmly in the African Blackwood camp but I will continue to be curious how the discussion unfolds.

7LI4tS8.jpg

2Lrbtu1.jpg

L3oMXUi.jpg
My initial vote is for cocobolo, but I will certainly consider African Blackwood. We have a few days....

There's a political subforum you can go to. This thread is for voting on the ten options available to us, not to advance a political agenda.
To be fair, being careful of legislative realities is not the same as railing against them.
The music industry is in turmoil over this because of the prevalence of Brazilian RW in instruments. Manufacturers are scrambling to find non- threatened species of wood. (And that’s a good thing)
Performers in all genres of music are not able to travel abroad with their vintage instruments.
We don’t want that to happen with our knives.

And hey! Osage Orange is a sustainable species!:D

We all want Bloodwood

Lets choose a wood color to get what we like
Handsome attractive that goes with this knife
Bright color, not black or lacking all life
We need Bloodwood to show to our wife

Then she’ll approve our superior choice
N break loose with the cash
And join with great voice
For incredibly beautiful Bloodwood knife
We’ll all remain happy, pleasure is rife
Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah

There's a political subforum you can go to. This thread is for voting on the ten options available to us, not to advance a political agenda.

This is an election. That is the definition of politics. One should not politic to shut down the voicing of another opinion. I read the posting rules and there is no prohibition of stating facts.
The origin of materials for manufacture I would think, are of interest to all knife owners.

Changed my vote to bloodwood

If I were voting for ironwood or one of the lighter woods I would swing my vote towards bloodwood as well.

I like both the ebony and the blackwood. I voted for blackwood as it seems to have the best chance to win. If any of you want a black knife, this may be the wisest move. Early polling indicates a tight race between blackwood and bloodwood.

I get the feeling half the voters think ebony/blackwood is boring, and the other half will be disappointed if it doesn't come out "none more black" o_O
Bloodwood if you use it. I still like itView attachment 1087579
Is bloodwood one that darkens over time? (osage does, too) That's good to know, if folks are voting for it because of the red color.

I'm having a tougher time with this choice than I thought I would.
ZTbBAgb.jpg

Thanks, Mike.

Hello, forum.

I really really like the decided attributes of this knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back