Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Speculation adds suspense and makes it fun. I feel sure a lot of folks are wondering what the likely production schedule is at this point. But honestly.... makes no difference one way or the other.... Thanksgiving or Christmas knife.... This should be a nice knife.

You are right! Anticipation is half of the fun.

Oh I can’t stand all this controversy. I saw the option to forgo the custom label.. but nothing about whether or not I wanted one of Meako’s special candies in the tube. I know he worked hard on them but I have a nut allergy and if he won’t disclose his secret recipe then I don’t want that rubbing against my knife.

Aye, I twas but a green lad when I signed onto this voyage, there was many a hand that was seasoned and sought and won the quarry in years past. From time to time they show off the trophies of past conquests, and mighty fine specimens they be. This being my first excited I was early on, aye and excited was the old hands to. First we had to learn what our quarry would be,there was much talk amongst the crew what exactly was desirable, what traits we should look to have. Tis a mighty fine crew,though opinions differed there was equality showed. Even one as green about the gills as I was given a fair honest hearing. Not everything went my way,but pleased was I nonetheless. That all voices was allowed the floor meant a great deal in my books. Then once the quarry settled upon oh how the crew did chatter then! But alas the excitement of the early days gave way to quite anticipation as the weeks slid by like the briney foam. The be one of the crew, an odd fellow, Australian I believe. Not sure what he does exactly, I've seen him mumbling to hisself under the poopdeck. He scribbles secretly on bits of scrap paper he finds. Tis a bit eccentric at times,keeps birds about hisself. Especially this one rather plain looking fellow, that bird cackles like a man possessed!! Unnerving it is, but for all that he makes the whole ship a better place to be. Why this voyage without him just wouldn't have been the same, I see him wispering to the captain,they know some secret about our quest but they keep it for themselves. Perhaps I may even get to see what it was he's been scribbling on those papers. The excitement is growing again,our quest is drawing nigh unto the end. Good Captain knarfeng is calling roll to see who still stands fast while first mate Peregrin and the comand crew look on.Me and good ol' PresterJohn and that crazy Aussie are down the list a ways, but our turn is coming soon. Why I think I heard Capt. call out cigarrodog and a few minutes later I think I could make out duckdog being called. Hard to hear all of them called above the excited murmurs,as long as I get the call,I still stand fast

Maybe you’ll wanna start mentioning that in the PM. 20% reply rate in mine, after you made the above post.

I did that later last night.

I'm going to try to do another set of notifications tonight if the rest of the forum is quiet enough. Now that we've frozen the list of names, I'm going to post it in the order thread. That should ease folks minds. And they won't have to keep checking the thread.

I did that later last night.

I'm going to try to do another set of notifications tonight if the rest of the forum is quiet enough. Now that we've frozen the list of names, I'm going to post it in the order thread. That should ease folks minds. And they won't have to keep checking the thread.

Hey, when you make it down to the M’s, there’s a bunch of extra characters/symbols in front of my screen name. Just a heads up in case that gibberish confuses you.

Thanks for all the work on this. :thumbsup:

Hey, when you make it down to the M’s, there’s a bunch of extra characters/symbols in front of my screen name. Just a heads up in case that gibberish confuses you.

Thanks for all the work on this. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Fixed it.
We keep the list on a Google "Sheet". That let's the three of us access a single list and even all look at it at the same time. When I copied the list from the sheet, there must of been some hiccup in the copy/paste. The data on the Sheet did not require correction. It was just the name here in the thread that got munged.

Reactions: mb>
Aye, I twas but a green lad when I signed onto this voyage, there was many a hand that was seasoned and sought and won the quarry in years past. From time to time they show off the trophies of past conquests, and mighty fine specimens they be. This being my first excited I was early on, aye and excited was the old hands to. First we had to learn what our quarry would be,there was much talk amongst the crew what exactly was desirable, what traits we should look to have. Tis a mighty fine crew,though opinions differed there was equality showed. Even one as green about the gills as I was given a fair honest hearing. Not everything went my way,but pleased was I nonetheless. That all voices was allowed the floor meant a great deal in my books. Then once the quarry settled upon oh how the crew did chatter then! But alas the excitement of the early days gave way to quite anticipation as the weeks slid by like the briney foam. The be one of the crew, an odd fellow, Australian I believe. Not sure what he does exactly, I've seen him mumbling to hisself under the poopdeck. He scribbles secretly on bits of scrap paper he finds. Tis a bit eccentric at times,keeps birds about hisself. Especially this one rather plain looking fellow, that bird cackles like a man possessed!! Unnerving it is, but for all that he makes the whole ship a better place to be. Why this voyage without him just wouldn't have been the same, I see him wispering to the captain,they know some secret about our quest but they keep it for themselves. Perhaps I may even get to see what it was he's been scribbling on those papers. The excitement is growing again,our quest is drawing nigh unto the end. Good Captain knarfeng is calling roll to see who still stands fast while first mate Peregrin and the comand crew look on.Me and good ol' PresterJohn and that crazy Aussie are down the list a ways, but our turn is coming soon. Why I think I heard Capt. call out cigarrodog and a few minutes later I think I could make out duckdog being called. Hard to hear all of them called above the excited murmurs,as long as I get the call,I still stand fast
Aye, mate, well said. 'Tis near the end of our voyage. Praise be I've not been made to walk the plank, and I've escaped the lash, too. I 'av heard that crazy Aussie too--every voyage has one, and it's good luck, I tell ya. (By the way, hast seen me brother Long John? Thought he was along on this voyage, but mebbe the rum's addled my brains.) Now I have to find the gold doubloons I set aside for this quarry. Hand me a lantern, will ye? Careful, now!

I've received the purchase link. Thanks to everyone who makes it happen!

I'm buying 2 from overseas but getting charged twice the shipping $16 x 2. Should the combined shipping be cheaper?
@knifeswapper

Not sure. GEC is shipping those directly to you, not Mike. I don't know the specifics of the arrangement.

160 out of 318 notifications have now been sent.

Oh I can’t stand all this controversy. I saw the option to forgo the custom label.. but nothing about whether or not I wanted one of Meako’s special candies in the tube. I know he worked hard on them but I have a nut allergy and if he won’t disclose his secret recipe then I don’t want that rubbing against my knife.

Its actually a candy flavoured scratch n sniff tube:confused::D ...theres nothing inside the tube...:thumbsup:...i did however commission the label i created to bd encrusted with authentic 18th century maritime enhancements...whale blubber try pot juice...dead fish....cormorant wee....and of course my secret ingredient...eau de mal du mer...with a hint of last nights rum....its a real winner.

Oh. OK then..;)

Greetings from Zurich. Heard the links went out to pay for our knives, but not sure if it went all the way out? Just wanted to make sure since internet is spotty out here.

Last edited:
excuse my ignorance.
where can i find my
BladeForum ID *

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back