Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t get on the list but if you have any extras I would gladly take 2 I will gladly send the funds anytime you would like

Wasnt a big deal, glad I am getting one! IF and hopefully next year happens, please take the money up front :)

That wasn't their choice, that was mine. My accountant told me not to take a $40k pre-pay months ahead for several reasons. Not to mention it leaves hundreds of orders in my fulfillment system that sit and scream at me every morning to get shipped - for months. Next year maybe the folks crazy enough to take this on can do it much differently :D

That wasn't their choice, that was mine. My accountant told me not to take a $40k pre-pay months ahead for several reasons. Not to mention it leaves hundreds of orders in my fulfillment system that sit and scream at me every morning to get shipped - for months. Next year maybe the folks crazy enough to take this on can do it much differently :D

Appreciate you being the crazy folk this year, Mike lol.

I really cant afford another one at this point...but for some starnge reason Im reminded of a wonderful nature scene I witnessed a few weeks ago....just about to go dragon boat paddling...when a large seal popped up about 30metres away...with huge fish hed caught....the foolish creature lollygagged about lobbing the fish into the air and whipping about making splashes...quite an interesting scene...until....a White Bellied Sea Eagle swooped from the sky...caught fish..mid lob...and winged away leaving the poor old seal lunchless....he who hesitates is lost.

I really cant afford another one at this point...but for some starnge reason Im reminded of a wonderful nature scene I witnessed a few weeks ago....just about to go dragon boat paddling...when a large seal popped up about 30metres away...with huge fish hed caught....the foolish creature lollygagged about lobbing the fish into the air and whipping about making splashes...quite an interesting scene...until....a White Bellied Sea Eagle swooped from the sky...caught fish..mid lob...and winged away leaving the poor old seal lunchless....he who hesitates is lost.
Also a good example of why Mom always told us not to play with our food.

Mike, I appreciate all that you have done for the forum, especially this year taking on the knife duties!

I am an accountant and can assure you taking the $ up front would have only created more issues and trouble than you have right now :rolleyes:

What's the minimum order for a run from GEC? $10k I'm guessing.
Not everyone would get a knife but they certainly would sell, time frame would be compressed making things simpler, and desirability/exclusivity would be increased.
I'm sure there are other things to consider though...

I think it really sucks that anyone committing to getting this year's forum knife and they don't pay (unless they are dead or hospitalized long term). As I said a long time ago before it was an issue, I would take a second one if it makes a difference. I don't want Mike getting stuck with this and getting a bad taste over the whole deal. The taste may already be there.

It is not nothing to pack 300 knives for shipment.

I think it really sucks that anyone committing to getting this year's forum knife and they don't pay (unless they are dead or hospitalized long term). As I said a long time ago before it was an issue, I would take a second one if it makes a difference. I don't want Mike getting stuck with this and getting a bad taste over the whole deal. The taste may already be there.

It is not nothing to pack 300 knives for shipment.

I think it will all work out just fine. And I think the folks just haven't seen the notices yet; I don't think anyone is avoiding a commitment.
Trust me, I deal with this daily on the Early Reserve system. I have gotten emails 6 months after a release from people that just found the notice in their spam filter and wondering if their knife is still available.

I think it will all work out just fine. And I think the folks just haven't seen the notices yet; I don't think anyone is avoiding a commitment.

I agree with that second quote. I go by that old aphorism, "never attribute to malice that which is probably due to a spam filter."

But, spam filters or no, we need to collect the money. And we will avoid this particular snafu in the future. (side note: I'm always amazed at how many people no longer realize that "snafu" is an acronym. There have been problems with every forum knife program we've ever had, so it really is "Situation Normal". That's why Gary and I always cringe at every mention of forum knives.)

But for this year:
♦ On Tuesday Oct 29, Mike will give a final update to the "purchased list".
♦ Gary and I will determine how many knives remain unpurchased
♦ and we will send out that many additional purchasing links Tues Night.

We'll go by primarily by sequence of who volunteered first. We will try to make sure that we try to include the folks who missed out and really want a knife as opposed to the folks who are supporting us by being willing to buy one. No guarantees at this point, though.

We do ask that once these next purchasing links go out that they get used right away. We are trying to collect all the money by Friday.

We'll go by primarily by sequence of who volunteered first. We will try to make sure that we try to include the folks who missed out and really want a knife as opposed to the folks who are supporting us by being willing to buy one. No guarantees at this point, though.

I almost posted that in my volunteer ship to grab another to help out. I think it perfectly fair to get those that missed out till now the opportunity before going on to folks ordering a second to keep this going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back