Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brass pins with black wood always looks great. Completely independent of bolster color. ;)

Yes, agree. Plus, black won't show the fantastic depredations of verdigris (brass bleed) like light colours do. This includes Muslin Micarta which greens too :thumbsdown: Generally, I prefer knives to have minimal brass content, NS, stainless or all steel liners are preferable. Pins are OK, but wait for the greening....:(

It's going to be interesting to see how reactions are to that big Sabre Sheepfoot when it's finished and out of the tube, difficult to predict.
I think our blade is a Spamsfoot...no ..(huge fireball erupts as @Peregrin brings down wizard staff and blasts meako into the pit of unfathomable trepidation)..wait...RAMSFOOT!!..
.. i meannnt ramsfoooooooort...

Been reading Patrick O’Brian’s Capt. Aubrey series since we started this process. It’s pretty fantastic, if you’re looking for something to scratch your nautical itch till this knife comes in, pick it up or check out the movie Master and Commander. Till then, quick’s the word and sharp’s the action.
Then bring us about and prepare to board ! 8f you like M&C check out the Hornblower series with Ioan Gryffud as HH.....kn brilliant!

Dang, just checked my order. Somehow (I screwed up), I opted out of the back labels.

Hopefully we are next in line after the tortoise. But I'm guessing the stag will be next then us. Shipping often takes a couple weeks up to Canada, but I'm still optimistic that I'll get it before Christmas. At least they are making steady progress:
IMG_0767.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back