1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 Forum knife question thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knarfeng, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Still, if it's nonsensical, I'll not buy it.

Having a great day.

meako likes this.
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    It's ridiculous to say the tube is as important as the knife. Why so bitter and cantankerous? If you don't like it, don't buy it, and stop bitching. Keep it to yourself and stop with the negative waves.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    TOM K., Dr-Mabuse, tmd_87 and 3 others like this.
  3. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    Got a rise out of ya huh?

Leslie Tomville and meako like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Nuthin' personal ed, but gonna have to put you on the "ignore" list. I come to BF for relaxation not aggravation. Bye!

5. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Oh, it will be nonsensical. If it's not then what was the point of having @meako do it. If I recall you voted in favor of him making the label...

tmd_87, meako and Ramrodmb like this.
  6. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    OK guys, let's chill out. I'm sure the final tube art and meako's contribution will be appropriate.

7. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    Edited.

Ramrodmb likes this.
  8. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Quick post to say how thankful I am of everyone involved in making this happen... especially after seeing the price. Near 90 bucks, shoot what a deal for the work that everyone has put in... especially Mike and the Mods.

9. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    I dont want to sound negative..but no.
    Remember Ed...with great nonsense comes great political debate....errr wait on thats not right....with greated parmesan comes average spaget..no thats not it either....
    Why am I suddenly reminded of that scene in JAWS...where Chief Brody is chumming off Quints boat and while hes not looking the razor-toothed torpedo terror of the tides pokes its nose up for a look ,shows its fangs then submerges as if nothing happened?

I can only assume that you have read
    ye olde blyrbe (thats olden day talk for the blurb btw) and its OK?
    Who is doing the tube art? I can get in touch and make any changes to the blurberoo(aussie lingo for blurb)...if needed.
    Cheers
    Cue: john williams Jaws theme.
    [​IMG]
    Edwina the Pied Currawong keeping an eye on me while I was blurberising yesterday.

btb01, Cambertree, t.willy and 15 others like this.
  10. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    Well, now I've got a secret and if I tell it won't be a secret anymore but I will say thanks Jon @meako.

I hope you delivered my request.

Looking forward to the knife and tube.

meako likes this.
  11. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Looking forward to your blurberoo!

12. wintermute

wintermute Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2007
    That's the first time I've ever seen or heard a living person using the word "pied" in a correct and useful (okay, that's a stretch...accurate?) manner.

13. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    Thanks mate @wintermute ..it is called the pied currawong (known for its call..as is the kookaburra.....say it 6 times fast in high voice)...as opposed to the grey currawong...which imo has one of the most beautiful mellifluous warbling lilts of any other bird....
    @Modoc ED i am a river to my people:D

14. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Not to be confused with the call of Kurrajong (which is easy to do), and which is described thus:

“To those who would soothe their shattered nerves, revive their jaded spirits, regain their vibrant health and vigorous appetite, to all who would seek the tonic of pure air and the exhilaration of beautiful scenery, the call of Kurrajong is simply irresistible."

W.S. Arnold, Superintendant of Soldier Settlement Scheme

Sounds like we all need a trip there once the forum knives and tubes are produced...

15. Icky Thump

Icky Thump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I'm gonna need to know the font style on the label before it's printed. Arial or Helvetica, ok..if its gonna be Verdana or Courier or some crazy nonsensical Times New Roman...I'll not buy it.

I demand my request be met.

16. Icky Thump

Dec 8, 2011
    I see my request has gone unanswered..I am about to remove my nose from my face if this demand is not met soon.

17. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Pics or it didn't happen!

18. Icky Thump

Dec 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

I'm gonna need a bigger knife..

19. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    If you say it's so @meako, then it must be so.:)

meako likes this.
  20. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    Its a tree.
    A gum tree nonetheless...and with a noble pied currawong atop its branches....its

tmd_87 likes this.