2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

Can’t wait ! Just ordered a Osage orange :thumbsup:
I really like the pattern and seems to be a great run . The Osage orange covers is a different flavor for me to :)

IMG_9074.jpg

Could just be the camera angle, but the shield placement looks weird, like it's asymmetrical between the pins. I don't care though, I want one anyway.
Agreed but I would want one anyway to!!

Last edited:
So I ordered my 29 from DLT late Friday night . They are open Monday threw Friday and some how they managed to ship my order Saturday morning :eek:
I’ve already received tracking and Usps has received it and now it’s headed my way !
This is one of the many many reasons why DLT is my go to dealerThey are the fastest consistent shipper known to man kind lol. .
Back on topic, did I mention how much I’m looking forward to getting this 29 in my paws ? :D

Osage orange has never been my first choice in covers. But if you get a little dirt in the grain, it looks like a working mans knife, a classic. It ought to do well on this particular model imo.

Did anyone notice that in the progress pics we are getting a blood wood cover option on the 29? However, there is no blood wood shown on the production schedule. I’m wondering if that jigged bone Northfield on the schedule was switched out with the blood wood or if it’s just not listed on the schedule.

I’m really enjoying all your pics and reviews of this pattern. I was originally going to sit this one out, but now I’m thinking about getting one. I’m leaning towards a Northfield in snake wood.

Did anyone notice that in the progress pics we are getting a blood wood cover option on the 29? However, there is no blood wood shown on the production schedule. I’m wondering if that jigged bone Northfield on the schedule was switched out with the blood wood or if it’s just not listed on the schedule.

I’m really enjoying all your pics and reviews of this pattern. I was originally going to sit this one out, but now I’m thinking about getting one. I’m leaning towards a Northfield in snake wood.
I think this was discussed earlier in this thread, and if irc, the blood wood is to fill out the number of snakewood orders, not replacing another cover.

From what I've heard, after the production schedule had been released, they decided to split the original production numbers of the snakewoods in half between those and bloodwood.

Sorry to go on and on about this knife, but I am really enamored with it.

When the first artwork of the knife appeared, I said that it's definitely one I was going to have to purchase. Then I found out it was going to have three springs and I got kind of turned off from it. But then when I found out it wasn't really very much thicker than a #66, well it was back on the menu.

I'm not a big fan of three bladed knives. I get by in my daily life with a single blade. Two blades are kind of handy because they offer some variety of blade styles and a choice. But I never really saw the need for three or more blades, especially when two of them may serve basically the same purpose.

But a two blade knife with a third completely different tool is rather nice to have. I'm thinking of two blades and a cap lifter, or this knife with two blades and a punch. That third tool serves a completely different purpose than a third cutting edge and I can see the logic in it.

And let's talk about the blade choices on this knife. I think we can all agree that a Clip/Coping combo is very handy and could even be considered ideal. Coping/Lamb/Sheep/Wharncliffe blades are my favorites and I find them to be most useful. The Clip is a close second with it's fine point and belly.

Then to top it off, this knife is so well made and looks like a truly "traditional" knife. It's a big winner in my book. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for clarifying the matter of the blood wood covers!

I’m definitely in for a 29.

Back