2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

That Snakewood looks great. Snakewood and Curly maple both have the horizontal lines in the wood, but the darker Snakewood looks so much better to my eye than the Curly Maple.

View attachment 1182411

Received my Tidioute Burnt Sienna Jigged Bone yesterday. Good size and heft without being too heavy. I didn’t notice the three spring setup making it too thick. Carried it in a slip in the back pocket of my jeans. Good snap on all blades, with the pull on the clip being about a 7 and a 6 on the two secondaries. Nice, darkly dyed bone.
This one has the feel of one my grandfather would have carried and I think it will be up to most daily cutting chores. Very happy with this model...well done GEC!
Nice! Where did you order it from?

Got my M&G today...it is a wonderful knife and as beautiful in person as I imagined. The main blade pull is about the same as the Tidioute Burnt Sienna I have...around a 5. In this case, I definitely appreciate it because there isn't a lot of room to grab the nail nick/pull on these and it would be troublesome if the main blade had a strong pull.
I also appreciate the extras that come with this one. Very well done :thumbsup:
M&G_01.jpg
M&G_02.jpg
M&G_03.jpg

Got my M&G today...it is a wonderful knife and as beautiful in person as I imagined. The main blade pull is about the same as the Tidioute Burnt Sienna I have...around a 5. In this case, I definitely appreciate it because there isn't a lot of room to grab the nail nick/pull on these and it would be troublesome if the main blade had a strong pull.
View attachment 1183041
View attachment 1183042
View attachment 1183043
damn fine knife

They must have really stiffened those pulls up a lot!!!

Mine came on Monday. Yours is very red compared to mine. Mine is closer to "antique amber ", perhaps a bit darker.

Ah. I was wondering if you got a redder one, or was it a trick of the light. My old phone camera either can't adjust to low light, or is overwhelmed by the sun. Hmm...sounds a lot like my old eyes...;)
Not my best photo, but reasonably accurate color:
7mS6tWB.jpg
34FF8C3D-989E-4CB7-A302-836C3ADAE38E.jpeg

I flushed out the joints tonight with Dawn and hot water and worked the blade vigorously while rinsing all the soap out. There was some black gunk that came out, along with some little dark pieces of something solid. Dried it with an alcohol bath and compressed air, then oiled the joints with Rem Oil. The action is much improved! The clip is a solid 6 to the half stop and the sheep foot and awl are a 5. Totally subjective of course, but I can see an obvious improvement.
This pic also shows the actual color of the bone.

View attachment 1183041
View attachment 1183042
View attachment 1183043
The ebony looks perfect on that knife. :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1183041
View attachment 1183042
View attachment 1183043
It's a beaut!

View attachment 1183041
View attachment 1183042
View attachment 1183043
Ding, ding we have a winner!
The Ebony and that shield are a perfect fit. :cool: I'm a little curious about the etch. Most vintage knives I've seen with the spey etched say "Flesh only". "Flesh blade" seems odd. Not to take away from that beautiful knife, though.:thumbsup:

Back