2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

These snakewood DO look great. I hope I can land one. But I gotta say, I think the bloodwood may still have the edge on the snakewood. Love me some bloodwood. :D
My GEC#29 snakewood knife pre-order was canceled by my GEC dealer on Thursday. I bet I was the first to put in a snakewood pre-order with my GEC dealer on the web. I spotted the #29 schedule GEC posting about 15 minutes after it was posted a while back. I was sure that I was going to get that one. I have a #92 camel bone on pre-order. I am not happy with GEC on the #92 & the #86. I have one arm , I need single blade GEC knives.

My GEC#29 snakewood knife pre-order was canceled by my GEC dealer on Thursday. I bet I was the first to put in a snakewood pre-order with my GEC dealer on the web.

I hate to hear that. Being at the top of the list should have left you in good shape. Looks like it will be about a 60/40 split, BW/SW respectively - so the top 40% should have been good.

I am not happy with GEC on the #92 & the #86. I have one arm , I need single blade GEC knives.

They are doing a lot of single blade knives, don't hold it against them for trying to calm the multi-blade lovers out there. The BF #86 should work for you.

I hate to hear that. Being at the top of the list should have left you in good shape. Looks like it will be about a 60/40 split, BW/SW respectively - so the top 40% should have been good.

They are doing a lot of single blade knives, don't hold it against them for trying to calm the multi-blade lovers out there. The BF #86 should work for you.
I am all for that. I want GEC to make both single & double blades like the #06 Pemberton. USA is about freedom and more choices. I want everybody to receive their GEC dream knife. More choices is good.

Coffee House Acrylic SFO
Or M&G appaloosa bone ughh if only I could get both ...
Decisions Decisions .....

Until then I’ll just fondle my Osage :eek:
And maybe pull my Jasmine out of the safe :D
The more I handle and look at these 29’s the more the craftsmanship on these beauty’s amaze me :thumbsup:
MaJsGKU.jpg

TheFactor TheFactor I can’t get the Coffee House Acrylic SFO out of my head. I really want one and I hope I can get it.
I hear ya Brother I’ve been fighting the temptation and the closer it gets the harder it is to resist .
Almost like I’m building momentum as I fly down the biggest hill known to mankind lol.

From what I’ve read, I might be the only one that digs the Red Jigged Bone...Sounds like I’ll have a good chance of landing one!

I got my 29 M&G in ebony today. It looks great, maybe better than I expected. Packaging was really well done, not just the presentation but the padding and protection too.

View attachment 1184606

When I first had the knife in hand and opened it I was really disappointed. The secondary blades are good pulls and locked well. However the primary blade was somewhat soft just like my osage is which is fine as I've said before, but when it went into full open locked position it seemed really soft. I'm not one of those guys that raps on the back of the blade and worries about it closing, just don't rap on the blade dummy. Right? But when I touched the back of the blade just a little it came out of lock and was in transition to half stop. Very little effort.

It kinda broke my heart because like I said it looks good and the other blades are great. I did NOT want to send it back but was already kinda writing the email in my head. :( I must echo what others have said about the excessive oil. I mean I get it, its metal and you want to protect it for storage and shipping to different climates, but it was a lot. So much it rand down the length of the blade pretty thick. LOL.

Anyway, once I got home I wiped it a little and opened and closed the blade several times it seemed to lock better into open. Opened and closed it several more times and it seems better still. When I touch the back of the blade it seems to not try to transition. Its still light, but acceptable and hopefully gets better. Before I put it on my stone or in my pocket I'm going to open and close it several more times and give it a chance. I think it might be fine.

I didn't say all this long winded stuff to try to dog it, you can tell they gave it a good effort and attention to details, from GEC to M&G, but this is a knife forum and thats what you do, you talk about knives, so there it is. ;)

I'll report back when I get to play with it more.

Update: Sure enough after wiping the excess oil off and opening and closing the main blade it has gotten much better and is now about even (close) with my osage orange 29. I'm happy. It looks nice in ebony. I like it.

Same here :D
I started refreshing the page about 5 minutes before the drop and pulled the trigger at the crack of the drop :thumbsup:
Figured I’d get this beautiful Coffee house Acrylic SFO now while there here and take my chances later on the appaloosa M&G .

Same here :D
I started refreshing the page about 5 minutes before the drop and pulled the trigger at the crack of the drop :thumbsup:
Figured I’d get this beautiful Coffee house Acrylic SFO now while there here and take my chances later on the appaloosa M&G .
Good call!

Back