2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

I know I'm in the minority but I prefer the spey blade on the M&G SFO to the punch. The fact it also has primo ebony, a cool shield and the best pulls and action of any I've handled is also a huge bonus!
View attachment 1320073

View attachment 1320072

I had one of those and it was my absolute favorite knife. I usually don't worry about what others post but someone posted a broken backspring and I sold mine off. Wish i hadn't because nobody else had a problem that I've heard of. Kinda feel silly as its not my MO, but mightve learned a lesson. Now I can't afford one. Lol

Say you're at a party and they run out of cocktail sticks... punch
Say you're at the gas station trying to get that stupid seal off a quart of oil... punch
Say you need a hole in the bottom of your beer can so you can shotgun it... punch
Say someone jumps in line ahead of you at the store... punch
Flip a steak or rotate a hot dog on the grill... punch
Kill a nasty bug... punch

I could go on...

Sorry if it has been posted before, but I wanted to show this one off yet in this thread. Also, does anyone know where we talk about buying knives and dealers? I know this should be easy, but I haven’t found that area.
tLYUC5s.jpg

oeNaThY.jpg

aOKyKlV.jpg

Sorry if it has been posted before, but I wanted to show this one off yet in this thread. Also, does anyone know where we talk about buying knives and dealers? I know this should be easy, but I haven’t found that area.
tLYUC5s.jpg

oeNaThY.jpg

aOKyKlV.jpg
Good, Bad, and Ugly is where I’ve seen dealers discussed.

tLYUC5s.jpg

oeNaThY.jpg

aOKyKlV.jpg
Travis somehow I must have missed this one before. That’s some of the nicest OO I’ve ever seen my friend! :thumbsup: :)

That smooth appaloosa bone texas ranger is one of my only 2 safe queens. Definetly happy I had picked one up a while back before they flew off the shelves. That covering is probably my favorite I've handled so far, so much depth to it.

Appaloosa Bone Maher & Grosh with a Queen-made Winchester 3904. This pic was taken at the recent unofficial GEC picnic. Bill Howard had just looked them both over. He remembered making the Winchester back in the early 90’s. He said the bone for these black box Winchesters was 75-100 years old and that the bone and some of the tooling came from the Utica factory. Queen then used Fiebings leather dye to get the bone so dark. (@Sabercat @llKRAKENll)
AWLU6lg.jpg

Last edited:
Went back home for my sisters funeral and spent some time with my best friend afterwards. He was admiring my blood red jigged 29 that I had so I gave it to him. I had carried the GBM 29 occasionally and started tuning up the edge today and decided to put my edge on all of them (except the snakewood as it's the prototype) including my spare blood red. If the snakewood wasn't the prototype I'd have one for every day. Oh well I'll tote the stag on weekends.
vf2x2mr.jpg

Attachments

• 20200822_160813.jpg
    20200822_160813.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 2
So sorry for the loss of your sister.....thoughts are with you. Gifting the #29...wow! It does appear, however, that you have some backups...good for you. I have come to really appreciate the #29. Carry it more often than not...I have the Tidioute (top right) and love it. Be safe & be well!

Peter

Back