2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

Thought it's time this thread got a little bump.View attachment 1712026 This one will be in my pocket for the weekend. Hope everyone has a happy new year
Amen
qfU0yRl.jpg

I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb. I was fishing around in the "bay" a few weeks ago and saw this cool looking LF&C pattern. The pattern really struck me as odd, with the blade choice and the triple springs. Other than the chunk out of the spey blade, it looked all there, so I grabbed it. Once in hand, I had my "duh" moment and realized that it closely resembles the #29 pattern. In my defense, I wasn't really that into the 29, so that's probably why it didn't ring any bells until I was able to look at it more closely. I'm surprised that while it is a 3-springer, it's not overly heavy or bulky.

In reviewing the early pages of this thread, I saw where someone mentioned the 29 might have been based of a Winchester black box. I also saw someone posted an excellent Henry Sears. I guess we can add this one to the ancestors of the 29 pattern as well!

LF&C 4.jpg
LF&C 5.jpg
LF&C 6.jpg
LF&C 7.jpg

I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb. I was fishing around in the "bay" a few weeks ago and saw this cool looking LF&C pattern. The pattern really struck me as odd, with the blade choice and the triple springs. Other than the chunk out of the spey blade, it looked all there, so I grabbed it. Once in hand, I had my "duh" moment and realized that it closely resembles the #29 pattern. In my defense, I wasn't really that into the 29, so that's probably why it didn't ring any bells until I was able to look at it more closely. I'm surprised that while it is a 3-springer, it's not overly heavy or bulky.

In reviewing the early pages of this thread, I saw where someone mentioned the 29 might have been based of a Winchester black box. I also saw someone posted an excellent Henry Sears. I guess we can add this one to the ancestors of the 29 pattern as well!

View attachment 1761902
View attachment 1761903
View attachment 1761904
View attachment 1761905
Cool find. I wonder if the spey could be re-ground into something useful. A short straight edge, maybe?

View attachment 1761902
View attachment 1761903
View attachment 1761904
View attachment 1761905
The M&G variant even borrowed the “flesh” etch. CF4A6843-6870-4A7A-9667-304C14957981.jpeg6CF007BF-AB3C-4995-8C82-20793C38AFA5.jpeg29314CB4-D55D-446F-9EEA-996BF8DF2B32.jpeg

Back