2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

Has anyone mentioned the spring is flush at the half-stop?

I'm a relative newbie, without a whole lot to compare to, but all my other specimens are somewhat proud at half...

I mentioned it some in my thoughts earlier. It isn't something I look for in knives but all of my GECs have been rather proud at the half stop so it being flush on the 86 was notable enough to comment on it.

CD9B0B1D-7033-4AB0-9927-FA8D7286C871.jpeg

Just arrived and what a beauty this one is. Hard to capture in a photo, but the Bloodwood really has a depth to it. The fit and finish on both 86s I’ve received is outstanding. Fantastic job by GEC on the 86 run and Barry on this SFO.

All the photos of the bloodwood SFO are great fellas :) I won't have sunlight to take decent photos for a while but can attest to how nice the bloodwood is. It has a reflective property in the light at different angles and is quite striking actually. Love the tube art too...very well done Barry :thumbsup:

All the photos of the bloodwood SFO are great fellas :) I won't have sunlight to take decent photos for a while but can attest to how nice the bloodwood is. It has a reflective property in the light at different angles and is quite striking actually. Love the tube art too...very well done Barry :thumbsup:
Darren...Missed the tube art...can you post it?

IMG_0779.jpg

Everybody loves the 1873 Peacemaker. I got a bunch of Cimarron/Uberti reproduction revolvers. The Uberti Remington style repros are the toughest and never break on me. I own two 1858 Uberti conversions and two Uberti made 1875 revolvers. A Brownells Colt/Ruger base pin puller is must when heavy shooting Uberti Colt/Remington style cowboy revolvers. Knives and guns go together !

Here is a shot of my new Autumn Gold Northfield #86 "Oil Field Jack" I picked up yesterday afternoon at KSF. But without the wrench it's just a #86. Not my greatest knife picture. But there it is!

I like it! I can't see any flaws. The knife is just about perfect.
IMG_5383ed.jpg IMG_5381ed.jpg
Damn reflections. ;)

Last edited:
Back