2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

The quality and F&F have been discussed here already so I will not be redundant. I will just post this long awaited beautiful knife.
ZDcZU6A.jpg

4PqtLo3.jpg

Compare that almond to an old schrade peachseed knife please someone.......

How are you guys sharpening the main blade with the recurve? I used a ceramic rod but its not where I want it.

"COOTER SHELL" acrylic ! I have never bought an acrylic knife in my life. I believe I will snag one next month. I need a Stag #86 and an Autumn Gold jigged bone #86 Oil Field Jacks too.
The only acrylic GEC that I own is a #48 Improved Trapper. It was an impulse buy for the most part as I generally don't care for acrylic scales. So, you want three different Oil Field Jacks; what are you going to do with them? Collect?

I returned the Oily Creek Bone I received, deciding it was painfully proud where the shield was inset. Just a little spot right at my thumb that I'd never get used to.

Perhaps folks here file or grind down their own covers where there are issues? I didn't want want to risk scratching the etched shield with some ham handed attempt to adjust this particular sample, so I ate the postage and let some other collector take a shot at it.

I've got a stag on reserve; I think I'll be much more forgiving of any sharp antler ridges that might be there.

Ding ding ding! Six years registered and this is finally my thirtieth post!

2020 Forum knife, here I come!

Back