2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

The JSR SFO #86 Oil Field Jacks Chocolate almond peach seed jigged bone knives are back up for sale. I thought all those knives were sold. This knife is stunning !
That is a wonderful looking SFO. I wonder if they held a few back or if GEC just finished up a few more stragglers.

That is a wonderful looking SFO. I wonder if they held a few back or if GEC just finished up a few more stragglers.
This #86 Oil Field Jack run is the best of 2019. I want me some 2020 GEC Trappers 3 3/4" to 4 1/2" closed. I am so excited , 2020 will be a great GEC blade year for me.

Last edited:
855684B6-C30B-4164-8A76-FB00C4ECB9D4.jpeg

The wait is over and well worth it. Outstanding fit and finish. Love the easily pinchable blade, everything just came together on this one. Huge thanks to GEC, the forum, and Mike for helping make it happen.

Last edited:
Got one!

jltrHxB.jpg

DOEyAy6.jpg

You got the best looking one so far. If I want a light one , I get a dark one. If I want a dark one , I get a light one. I am so thankful to receive one. I am glad I am getting only one. I did buy two oily creek bones. My #93 & #86 Oily Creek bone knives are my most used knives. I got oily creek bone backs ups on both. The #86 JSR SFO Chocolate Almond peach seed jigged bone is the best looking soft brown bone to date. I keep telling myself to back off on GEC knives , after the 2020 Trapper run. I need more custom knives. This Blade addiction is the best addiction.

Last edited:
Didn’t see this coming...
View attachment 1253243
I knew this knife was going to happen. I felt it in my gut. I thought that Mr. Charlie would of put in an order 1 of 100 for this knife. I remembered the #93 Lambs foot natural bone popping up after the Rendezvous 2019. Mr. Charlie told me that those were all controlled by Bill Howard. I knew these natural bone #86 knives would be made. A too cool of a pattern not too. I am busted after I pay my Sambar Stag #86 invoice in the morning. What a beautiful super well made knife. I hope Mr. Charlie gets one in his collection, I'm sure he will. I am happy with my #86 run , I believe I will end up with 8. I gave one to my mother and she is crazy about it. This knife will probably be for sale at Rendezvous 2020.

I really like everything about this natural bone #86. But I do like the Charlie Waynorth ebony #86 Black Jack the best. GEC knife of the year goes to the Charlie #86 Black Jack. The best GEC Bone color goes to the Chocolate almond peach seed jigged bone . That Chocolate Almond brown is so soft looking beautiful with black high lights. I want a GEC knife with Chocolate Almond wavy Rogers bone. Chocolate Almond barnboard jigged bone or Chocolate Almond Cougar Clawed bone would look cool on a 2020 Blade Forum Trapper knife.

Didn’t see this coming...
View attachment 1253243

^ me either! Wish I hadn’t missed out on that!

Went to bed early last night so missed out. I guess the old saying about early to bed, early to rise is true. Early to bed made me about $140 wealthier I suppose.:D

I think it was just being in the right place at the right time. The two that I saw up on different sites, were “the knife you see is the knife you get” so I think each place only sold one. There’s probably only somewhere around 10 of them. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time as well though. Does anyone know why the specifically say stabilized smooth white bone? I’ve never seen it say stabilized before.

Well that should appease the collectors who complained about GEC raising their production numbers. LOL.

But wow. That's a gorgeous knife.

I knew this knife was going to happen. I felt it in my gut. I thought that Mr. Charlie would of put in an order 1 of 100 for this knife. I remembered the #93 Lambs foot natural bone popping up after the Rendezvous 2019. Mr. Charlie told me that those were all controlled by Bill Howard. I knew these natural bone #86 knives would be made. A too cool of a pattern not too. I am busted after I pay my Sambar Stag #86 invoice in the morning. What a beautiful super well made knife. I hope Mr. Charlie gets one in his collection, I'm sure he will. I am happy with my #86 run , I believe I will end up with 8. I gave one to my mother and she is crazy about it. This knife will probably be for sale at Rendezvous 2020.

The white bone #86s aren't a Charlie / Waynorth / @waynorth SFO. They seem to be a short run due to GEC not having enough stag for all the stag 86s they expected to make. I think they tend to use smooth white bone for short runs when something else doesn't pan out sometimes, and they have used it for the last two years on the short run of surprise knives Bill has made for Charlie at the Rendezvous (white bone Ancient TC Spearpoint 2018 and white bone Lambfoot 2019).

Trying to get a sense of overall knife thickness. Anyone have a photo of their 86 next to a 97 and 44. Just curious.
I can take comparison pics later when I get home,I still have the 86 Oilfield I bought my Dad for Christmas. Here's a pic from the side I took for another thread.
Mf1gVLQ.jpg

The BF 86 being single blade wouldn't be the same thickness comparison as the 2 blade Oilfield, I'll get the pics later from the spine:thumbsup:

thanks. It would definitely be appreciated.
Don’t think I have a chance at getting the bf 2019 edition. Would need to compare with a two blade version.

I can take comparison pics later when I get home,I still have the 86 Oilfield I bought my Dad for Christmas. Here's a pic from the side I took for another thread.
Mf1gVLQ.jpg

The BF 86 being single blade wouldn't be the same thickness comparison as the 2 blade Oilfield, I'll get the pics later from the spine:thumbsup:

Back