With a 44
BP4MZXZ.jpg

A 35 Calfpen
zatM3zV.jpg

N2Pox6N.jpg

71 Bullnose
OxjI7r1.jpg

86 Forum knife.

Trying to get a sense of overall knife thickness. Anyone have a photo of their 86 next to a 97 and 44. Just curious.
The ApostleP has a video up where he talks about the thickness and does some measurements. According to his review, the added thickness is actually in the bolsters and covers. Interesting.

Will have to check that out.

Yes, the 86 strikes me as being a bit beefier. What surprised was how it compares to the 97. Especially with the 97 having only the single blade.

The ApostleP has a video up where he talks about the thickness and does some measurements. According to his review, the added thickness is actually in the bolsters and covers. Interesting.

I know everybody's all excited about the stag drop. I'm behind the curve. Just got an Autumn bone. I like it a lot. I blinked, literally it seems, and missed the Waynorth's so I think that's it for me on the 86's. Unless I decide to get a Tortoise shell :rolleyes:
Here's my new pride and joy:
UCMT9ZJ.jpg

rQsU9dO.jpg

Ijwz064.jpg

modded a few more?
The autumn gold and the Barlow are single blade and the Barlow itself is obviously a mod. I have a few that I need to get done for some other folks ASAP before I do anything for myself again though. I had been thinking about a single blade Waynorth but he put the “oil the joints” stamp on the secondary and I really like that stamp.

Appropriately compensatory for my lack of Bladeforums knife. I had my hands on most of the 86s, and this one is the nicest. I've never been that into pen secondaries with a bellied main blade, but Mr. @waynorth you've sold me with this one. It's a lot more comfortable in hand than the sheepsfoot secondary. And the walk and talk are as good as it gets. My new fav.

49282393666_196d9b370f_b.jpg

Here's what it looks like after dropping the secondary kick even more.

49282599842_5e2ec4d069_b.jpg

49281921938_44c12ed36d_b.jpg

I am pretty pleased with how I rounded out my 86 assortment. I was able to land all the ones I was interested in and not a one was a disappointment. A great job to the folks who arranged the terrific SFOs and a fantastic job by GEC on capping off a rather spectacular year.

BDJUqsb.jpg

I am pretty pleased with how I rounded out my 86 assortment. I was able to land all the ones I was interested in and not a one was a disappointment. A great job to the folks who arranged the terrific SFOs and a fantastic job by GEC on capping off a rather spectacular year.

BDJUqsb.jpg

You ain't just whistlin' disco, you got the cream of a very fine crop right there.

Last edited:
Back