2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

My smooth white bones came in. Love the contrast to the Waynorth Black Jack. I think the "stabilized" part of the name is due to the bone having some hairlines and stabilization was performed to address it. Both knives have what I believe are stress/hairline cracks.

White_Bone_86-1.jpg White_Bone_86-2.jpg White_Bone_86-4.jpg

Attachments

• White_Bone_86-1.jpg
    White_Bone_86-1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 2
  • White_Bone_86-2.jpg
    White_Bone_86-2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 2
  • White_Bone_86-4.jpg
    White_Bone_86-4.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 2
Speaking of which, a dealer told me I had one of the Black Jacks reserved but he hasn't gotten them yet. He sometimes gets knives a day or two later than the bigger dealers, but didn't people start getting Black Jacks in hand like before Christmas?

I think they had an idea to send to the farthest dealers first this run - but not really a fan of that. In my opinion, and especially since it makes no difference in GEC monetary flow, they should hold them all and send the same day. It doesn't make much difference to me as they are already allocated. And it is no problem selling them. But, what you are essentially doing is making the loyal customers of the eastern dealers go buy their knife from the western dealers if they are getting nervous. And, as in this instance, sometimes that means that some folks will have the knife in hand a full couple weeks ahead of others.

And, to be fair, from PA you can get a knife to San Diego just as fast as you can to NY in most cases - so you are doing nothing to normalize delivery times.

GEC is still finishing the Black Jacks and shipping them out as they get enough to fill an order.
They will be done within days, so your respective dealers will have them soon. I could have asked them to ship them all at once, but then no-one would have one yet!!

I don't know if anyone posted it, but the white bones were filler because they didn't have enough stag to do the full run. Or so I've heard. Hence the low numbers, compared to recent runs.

I was able to get one and help someone who really wanted one get one so I'm happy. I got it today and posted an unboxing video, so check out my YouTube for that. I don't think I can post a link directly here, but check out my signature.

It's a beautiful knife.

YsuSGmj.jpg

When I first saw the #86 pattern mock-up I didn't expect to get any. It seemed really similar to the recent 77s. Now I find myself with two and I think another coming. Funny how that works. I think I'll do an article on the pattern in general.

Probably won't be able to keep all three.

Speaking of which, a dealer told me I had one of the Black Jacks reserved but he hasn't gotten them yet. He sometimes gets knives a day or two later than the bigger dealers, but didn't people start getting Black Jacks in hand like before Christmas?

Who has the smooth white bone? Is it an SFO?

Thanks

IcaTyRI.jpg

The Black Jack rounded out my set today. IMO Jamie's SFO is the sleeper of the run. It has been over shadowed by Charlie's and Barry's however it is one classic looking knife with tons of character. I am very happy with this pattern and the knives that I was able to add to my collection.

I’m still holding out hope for one of the white bone ones, but things are looking pretty dim. Wish that would have made more of them to go with the ebony and Blackwood.

I’m still holding out hope for one of the white bone ones, but things are looking pretty dim. Wish that would have made more of them to go with the ebony and Blackwood.

Yeah, me too. I even tried trading a 77 from the 2019 run for one but it fell through. I would love to see an ebony and a smooth white option on every drop.

The 77 used to be my favorite all-arounder. But then these got in my hand. It's perfect length.

Yeah, it's definitely well made to be a worker with the rounded handles and blade combination.

I think they had an idea to send to the farthest dealers first this run - but not really a fan of that. In my opinion, and especially since it makes no difference in GEC monetary flow, they should hold them all and send the same day. It doesn't make much difference to me as they are already allocated. And it is no problem selling them. But, what you are essentially doing is making the loyal customers of the eastern dealers go buy their knife from the western dealers if they are getting nervous. And, as in this instance, sometimes that means that some folks will have the knife in hand a full couple weeks ahead of others.

And, to be fair, from PA you can get a knife to San Diego just as fast as you can to NY in most cases - so you are doing nothing to normalize delivery times.

Sending them all at once sure seems to make sense. But as you know all too well, you can never make everyone happy even when you try!

GEC is still finishing the Black Jacks and shipping them out as they get enough to fill an order.
They will be done within days, so your respective dealers will have them soon. I could have asked them to ship them all at once, but then no-one would have one yet!!

That makes sense also! Anyway, I should have Black Jack in my hand on Monday! Very excited.

Who has the smooth white bone? Is it an SFO?

Thanks

Nope, just a short run to fill in the stag run supposedly. I think all or most of the dealers got them, just in very small quantities.

IcaTyRI.jpg

The Black Jack rounded out my set today. IMO Jamie's SFO is the sleeper of the run. It has been over shadowed by Charlie's and Barry's however it is one classic looking knife with tons of character. I am very happy with this pattern and the knives that I was able to add to my collection.

What a collection! I think stag fits this pattern well and I would like to get one. But as i've said, based on the mock up alone I didn't intend to get any of these, let alone to end up with more than one. o_O

Yeah, me too. I even tried trading a 77 from the 2019 run for one but it fell through. I would love to see an ebony and a smooth white option on every drop.

But that would be FAR too predictable for GEC! haha

Does anyone know if GEC is still sending out the Stags?

It seems like they are in short supply, or at least just "trickling out".

Does anyone know how to order the GEC 86 English Slip Joint Collectors Club knife?

Please pm me if you do....... I don’t need one of these, but hard to say no to shield shield.

Good evening gentlemen. I’m a relative newbie as far as GEC’s are concerned, however, I was recently bitten by the 86 bug. In the last month I’ve picked up an Oily Bone and an Autumn Gold Herringbone. Both examples had perfect centering, great for and finish and zero side-to-side play. This afternoon my 86 Stag arrived. Again the centering was perfect, the finishing was excellent, however, there is substantial side-to-side play in both blades (particularly on the coping blade). I really don’t want to return the knife to the dealer as there are no more in stock, however, I don't want to live with the blade play either...has anyone else had this issue with there’s and is there any way to remove the blade play? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, CJ.

Back