2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

I'd need some sort of laser device to measure the drop.;)

I don't want to disparage the design or quality of this fine knife but....in my opinion (whatever that's worth) this blade should have been a bit lower in the frame.
The design is reminiscent of a rope knife which usually has a taller blade and by its nature would have a lot showing above the handle.
This isn't a tall blade, why is it perched so far up in the frame?
Before I ground the kick I could touch the point of the blade (albiet with purpose) in the closed position.
With future use and sharpening it will become proud of the handle no doubt.
My guess is that it will be years before anyone would realize that level of use with one of these maybe, so probably a non-problem.
Apologies for the rambling, just train of thought stuff.:rolleyes:

I did clean the spine up a little today to get rid of some of the nicks and dings.

Before clean up (This picture was taken after the kick was ground. Yes, the "drop" question has been asked in another thread, that's why I already had this picture)....
QvQQ56C.jpg

After a little 1000 grit clean up(These pictures were just taken)....
juyDtTf.jpg

0vxkO56.jpg

And just to add a picture that I found of the difference. I just remembered that I had this one I took last week.
And no worries, the pristine example on the left will remain as perfect as it was when it left GEC.
QJZmQjH.jpg

I have the same sentiment about the BF 86. If decide to make mine a user, I’ll be doing the same. Nice job!

That is really nice work. Though micarta is not my preferred material, I really like the barehead look and the shield choice, it looks fantastic.

The barehead does look really nice on this frame!

Thanks fellas. I'm a big fan of bare head on this pattern. It cuts down the weight a smidge too.

Lighting sucks, but you can get the idea — loving the stag I got! No popcorn, this is baby smooth and oh so sweet in hand. Probably wouldn’t have been my first choice but this is the only one I saw listed for non-markup prices and there are zero regrets. You can see a palm swell that’s perfect for right handers, which I am. The blades are even centered with great walk and talk. Firm 6+ pull on the clip with a conservative 5 on the secondary. No safe queen here, this one’s begging for use.
goz0Jau.jpg

g8EH05o.jpg

AyrskcX.jpg

Back