2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

AD7cnrl.jpg

So there’s pics of people modding these into single blades but has anyone ground the coping blade into a pen yet? I’ve got regular 86’s and also the Waynorth and I think I like the pen blade better.

I just picked up a “store” model in stag that I’m thinking of doing this to.

So there’s pics of people modding these into single blades but has anyone ground the coping blade into a pen yet? I’ve got regular 86’s and also the Waynorth and I think I like the pen blade better.

I just picked up a “store” model in stag that I’m thinking of doing this to.
Au contrarie, the 86 has a fine clip point offering a belly and point. The so-called coping blade (I think of it more as a sheepfoot) has a nice, long straight edge terminating in another fine point. The pen blade brings nothing to the party except if it’s a quill gathering.

The pen blade brings nothing to the party except if it’s a quill gathering.

I’ve survived a full year with just a Lanny Clip in my pocket and never missed not having a secondary blade at any moment, much less worrying if it was a straight edge blade or not.

Between the two secondary choices, to me the pen blade feels better in hand with the main open, and that pen blade will do everything any other secondary blade would be used for by me. Oh, and the point on those thin pen blades is pretty pointy as well, it’s not a fat spear blade we are talking about.

The 86 is awesome. Enjoying my Tidioute in natural Micarta so much I had to get a Waynorth.

Decided I didn't care about the Northwoods, but the Northfield white bone looks very nice.

Looks like the singles are gone.

Yep... "was" indicating the operative tense. I was hovering the computer for a good 15 minutes prior to the drop. There were standard and S models of both the 2-blade jack and the single blade.

Incidentally, I learned something. The S models, do carry a warranty. I was prior-to under the impression that they were like 2nds and were not warrantied. But not so, according to Barry.

Yep... "was" indicating the operative tense. I was hovering the computer for a good 15 minutes prior to the drop. There were standard and S models of both the 2-blade jack and the single blade.

Incidentally, I learned something. The S models, do carry a warranty. I was prior-to under the impression that they were like 2nds and were not warrantied. But not so, according to Barry.
That's good to know. I've been in a "hunting" mood of late. I'd probably better go pull out my knife roll and just appreciate what I have for a few minutes. :-D

I love it, my favorite one yet. It’s an “S” but what makes it an S is the cracks in the bone, but since it’s stabilized it’s really just like the primitive bone they’ve used in the past. Both sides are well matched too which makes it all that much better so in this case S stands for Sweet.
38AF3E02-5E01-4A6B-961F-2EF3BF91FA6F.jpeg
18058A29-CB75-433E-BD54-A77594820AC0.jpeg

Back