2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

I really wish there were a run of singles made, the Forum knife is an instant favorite and I find myself jonesing for more with this feel like the 78 run a while back. May try to find some of the rare singles that made it out, or perhaps a mod or two, but I’m really enjoying this beauty a lot lately.

Xyzjc0B.jpg

I’m trying to limit myself to one knife per pattern, but it’s real hard with a run like the 86. So far only a stag, but either a forum knife or a Northwoods may end up in my pocket, should i cave and buy one from the exchange :)

I’m trying to limit myself to one knife per pattern, but it’s real hard with a run like the 86. So far only a stag, but either a forum knife or a Northwoods may end up in my pocket, should i cave and buy one from the exchange :)

I’m sure you will know it’s right if and when you do!

Russell

Well I’ve had these for quite some time now so I finally decided to take some photos. They’re great knives! I’m personally very fond of a bare head knife and I think these turned out beautiful! My two have very noticeable differences in the wood. This is one thing that makes each knife unique. I’m very thankful to all the people behind the scenes that made these knives come to be. A big thank you to Mike @knifeswapper and his family for this huge undertaking. :thumbsup:

49459548188_4a987ed80d_o_d.jpg

49460025251_f12aa6c00c_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
Lone Star 86. Handles made of Teak from the Battleship USS Texas. Damascus from Chad Nichols.

Russell

View attachment 1273786
Hello,
Would you please provide some back story on this knife? Who made it? Where was it made available? How many were made? I appreciate the info. Absolutely gorgeous 86 btw! Thanks!

-Jason

Found a nice and slim store model stag to make a great user (marked “S” under the serial#). I believe it’s because of the superficial crack on the pile side since I can’t find anything else that would have held it back.

So far it’s got a 1 steak patina :D

AjmhxQ3.jpg

WlA2s4x.jpg

Back