2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

It took a couple days to get it in but here's a pic for you.
I've never liked the acrylics they were just to much like candy. When I saw the tortoise shell on this particular pattern an order went in ASAP. :D
Glad I did it's going to be my user.
Q1iTPiG.jpg

Very sad to say that we lost Dean to cancer on Jan 13th :(

RIP buddy you will be missed !

May I ask what the top #86 is?
Absolutely! I assume you mean from the pic with all 3 knives? It started life as an autumn gold jigged bone NF #86. I deleted the coping blade and rear bolsters. Recoverd it in brown canvas micarta and pinned badge shield. In short, it's my perfect version of the OFJ #86. :D

Absolutely! I assume you mean from the pic with all 3 knives? It started life as an autumn gold jigged bone NF #86. I deleted the coping blade and rear bolsters. Recoverd it in brown canvas micarta and pinned badge shield. In short, it's my perfect version of the OFJ #86. :D

Well, that is flat out amazing work. I simply assumed it was another shop's SFO I hadn't yet seen.

Well, that is flat out amazing work. I simply assumed it was another shop's SFO I hadn't yet seen.
Thank you very much! I did a Tidioute version for a client almost exactly the same except it had a better quality micarta that I am jealous of and I have another in the works for another client. His will have the top shelf brown canvas as well. :D

My 86 roundup, one needs a bit of surgery, and I would like to add a single blade modded oil sucker to the bunch, but for a run I had no interest in these 86’s have cost me a lot of scratch and haven't left my pocket yet. The 86 is a hefty gem!

Hryxoic.jpg

7bFzFOa.jpg

Those are some nice ones, I gotta get mine out for a pic again, there were some changes in the line up and I haven’t had them all out since.

My 86 roundup, one needs a bit of surgery, and I would like to add a single blade modded oil sucker to the bunch, but for a run I had no interest in these 86’s have cost me a lot of scratch and haven't left my pocket yet. The 86 is a hefty gem!

Hryxoic.jpg

7bFzFOa.jpg
That's a solid group there. I sent my damascus Lone Star in for warranty work. Had a bad off center blade and excessive blade play. I have no doubt it'll come back perfect.

Both mine had blade play, seems like it’s maybe something with the etching of the Damascus.
Possibly? Mine was way off center to the pile side too. Not quite rubbing but real close. The play wasn't crazy really though.

My damascus is one of the most solid knives I have, part of the reason Ive carried it so much lately, super tight and vault like action. The white bone however is overly tight at the bolster, almost no independent or unmotivated movement, and the tang has some deep scratches from the tightness, i figured Id break it in though.

Possibly? Mine was way off center to the pile side too. Not quite rubbing but real close. The play wasn't crazy really though.

My damascus is one of the most solid knives I have, part of the reason Ive carried it so much lately, super tight and vault like action. The white bone however is overly tight at the bolster, almost no independent or unmotivated movement, and the tang has some deep scratches from the tightness, i figured Id break it in though.
The play in mine wasn’t terrible either and I took it out of both. The pine wood one is off center looking in on direction but nearly centered in the other, I think I was able to get it in a picture, but it’s the oddest thing. Tell you what though if you have to have problems these are the ones to have.
F4C2B64C-5E03-4B70-8D25-AABF446091B2.jpeg 12AD52DC-AF41-4BEB-AD00-B0E19915A064.jpeg

Back