2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

JvT2aZv.jpg

I'm really liking the patina that's developed on that one!
Thanks Forrest. It gets carried, but not nearly as much as it should since I have my 74 Mustang in my pocket most days. This is the pattern that piqued your interest in GEC isn't it? If so, I'm sure you are stoked at the prospect of this year's forum knife being this same pattern, but in a single blade. I know I am looking forward to it.

Thanks Forrest. It gets carried, but not nearly as much as it should since I have my 74 Mustang in my pocket most days. This is the pattern that piqued your interest in GEC isn't it? If so, I'm sure you are stoked at the prospect of this year's forum knife being this same pattern, but in a single blade. I know I am looking forward to it.

Yessir, it absolutely is. The 86 is one of the best models GEC has made (in my opinion!!). And yep, you've called it: I'm genuinely excited about this upcoming knife for us, especially given that it's a sign of possible other new 86 models to come!!! Could you imagine that bad boy with a spear point? It would complete the "trifecta" of blade shapes, honestly.

Yessir, it absolutely is. The 86 is one of the best models GEC has made (in my opinion!!). And yep, you've called it: I'm genuinely excited about this upcoming knife for us, especially given that it's a sign of possible other new 86 models to come!!! Could you imagine that bad boy with a spear point? It would complete the "trifecta" of blade shapes, honestly.
The Waynorth Black Jack is the best pocket knife ever made and that is just the end of the discussion.

If I never got another knife, I could die happy with that one in my pocket. The big shield, the blade combo, just perfection.

I would go absolutely nuts for a spear point Black Jack tho. :D

The Waynorth Black Jack is the best pocket knife ever made and that is just the end of the discussion.

If I never got another knife, I could die happy with that one in my pocket. The big shield, the blade combo, just perfection.

I would go absolutely nuts for a spear point Black Jack tho. :D

I can't argue that completely, it's an absolutely perfect knife. Me, I fall back on my old saying: "The most perfect knife is the next one!" :D

I've been working on a single blade 86 collection for a while, and the awesome @jsdistin did some blade delete work on the mammoth covers on the Blackjack and the BF86. Also included the lone star knives in the middle.

View attachment 1542898
I’d normally say heresy for touching the BF 86 but man that mammoth color with the grey of the steel is amazing. I’ll allow it. Your bomb shield from the 86 may have found its way onto my 78 rag micarta.

Back