2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

Oddly the 86 was low on my priority list when first announced. On a whim I picked up the oily creek bone. As soon as I got it I had instant regret for not seeking out additional examples in different covers. Lucked out and got the Waynorth SFO. Was ecstatic to see the 2019 BF knife on the 86 frame. Can’t tell you how excited I am about the prospect for the 2021 BF knife. A Barlow on the 86 frame? Be still my beating heart. Pictures for context:

ykCr3h3.jpg

GX6FJ73.jpg

jINhQYn.jpg

I've been working on a single blade 86 collection for a while, and the awesome J jsdistin did some blade delete work on the mammoth covers on the Blackjack and the BF86. Also included the lone star knives in the middle.

View attachment 1542898
Probably the best mammoth I’ve been able to get, and a great choice of a knife to put it on. Love the 86’s
I’d normally say heresy for touching the BF 86 but man that mammoth color with the grey of the steel is amazing. I’ll allow it. Your bomb shield from the 86 may have found its way onto my 78 rag micarta.
It did, I’m pretty sure I told you I wasn’t sure I could get one before I realized I was sitting on one already.
My selection of 86’s has dwindled a little bit as well but I think it’ll stay where it’s at or maybe increase some.
F72FD07E-84EC-442B-8830-76BB1EBF6BA8.jpeg

Haven’t been on since earlier in the week and just went over to the forum knife thread to figure out what you guys were talking about. Man I can’t wait for that hopefully I can get two one to keep as is and one to recover maybe. I wanted an 86 Barlow so much I made one and the changed the covers on it but they just didn’t turn out to my liking so I scraped it. The real one should be amazing.

That sucker rod with the cap lifter is cool as all get out! Do you carry it a lot? As much as I like it, I’m thinking if I had one identical I might not carry it much due to thickness. I wouldn’t mind having the coping on my JSR 86 replaced with a caplifter.

Thanks. I carry it in the front bib pocket of my overalls so I don't notice the bulkiness. If I'm wearing normal pants I'll put it in a clip slip so it's not clanging around in my pocket. It's definitely hefty!

Back