2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

I really wish GEC would do runs of their older models that sold well from time to time.

Two that come to my mind are the Churchill and the Pony Jack. I really like those two but trying to find another nowadays is near impossible. And on the rare day when one does pop up for sale, the price on it tends to be pretty high. Past my budget anyways.

Just seems odd they cannot do a run of a couple past models.

Seems the older models that do come out are SFO’s only.

Funny thing... That's my favorite shield.
I'd take the TIDIOUTE and UN-X-LD shields on every knife.

The weird thing is I really love the unstamped version of the Tidioute shield, but I just don’t like the look of it with the script. I’m cool with the unxld shield, though. I couldn’t tell you why.

FWIW, I really like those shields as well.

I dislike the “hot dog,” and whenever I see a bar shield I think, “what’s the point?”

Im not huge on the hotdog, but it doesn’t bother me. I feel like the straight bar shield would be more popular, I’m not sure why the hotdog goes on nearly every run.

Any inkling of what shield (if any) will go on the #92 stag?

borrcibm.jpg

There are some new pics up on GEC’s website under the 92 thread.

It looks like the TBD jigged bone might be either rust red or blood re jigged bone.

The jigging appears to be a peach seed style.

They look nice!

Yes, I would say it is a rust red.2390F593-0A28-4B9B-9A21-2E381925BB94.jpeg

I know some were hoping for bare ends, but it looks like these will have end caps.9CE5ECF4-6B18-4222-AADB-A4CF5C92E269.jpeg

I wish there were a few more options for this run of 92’s. The total number of upcoming 92 options is currently only 6. Two Tidioutes, two Northfields and two SFO’s.

I really wish GEC would do runs of their older models that sold well from time to time.

Two that come to my mind are the Churchill and the Pony Jack. I really like those two but trying to find another nowadays is near impossible. And on the rare day when one does pop up for sale, the price on it tends to be pretty high. Past my budget anyways.

Just seems odd they cannot do a run of a couple past models.

Seems the older models that do come out are SFO’s only.

There are a few patterns that I wish they'd do sooner rather than later, but they definitely do runs of old patterns. For example, this run. It's been longer since they did #92s than the #35s.

Back