2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

Any thoughts?
etVDrUJ.jpg

You got lucky getting that one. Will see what else gets posted over the next few weeks. You might have the lightest dye uptake of the group.

At first I was disappointed with dye penetration...but I think it's growing on me.

ZKeBni7.jpg
Looks like Walrus ivory to me. That knife is spectacular. You did very well ! This is not the only light colored one. I just passed on two light camel bones and I picked the 2/3rds dirty bone offered. If I had of picked one of the other two , I might had missed my 2nd camel #92 knife. You gotta be thankful on this run. Not one ugly in the bunch ! All are beautiful.

Last edited:
Crazy variations...Were these dyed at the same factory?!?

In the past, Camel has shown many variations and it must be due to big differences in the porousness of the slabs. It has a lot of pores, more so than Bovine but that's a nice feature I reckon.

Your example is the one I like most of all :D Looks a bit like Primitive Bone:cool: if you can't stand it, send it here :D Looks fabulous:thumbsup:

Any thoughts?
etVDrUJ.jpg
Personally, I like the "lightly speckled" look. I think mine will be similar, with a slightly darker strip of speckles down one side. I'm pretty sure both sides of mine will not "match", but will complement each other. I prefer "character" over uniformity most of the time, depending on the scale material. With wood, I like uniformity, but with smooth bone... character. Within reason, of course. I don't want one side dark brown, and the other light yellow, but some variation is nice.

Mr. Frank pick you out a good one. I got in on the second batch. I had asked him earlier to please find one dark streaked camel #92. After I received my invoice , I messaged Mr. Frank. I love the dirty goldenrod , the streaked golden rod , the white appaloosa golden rod ,and the rich color goldenrod. Please pick me out a good one. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! All of these #92 antique goldenrod camel bone Eureka Knives are Krazy beautiful. I wish GEC would do this again with the #86 oil jack instead of those puke ugly acrylic knives.

I resisted the 92's for a while, but the spear shield and camel bone broke my will. This knife is my ideal size for pocket carry. I think adding the black "antique" layer of color to camel bone really improves the look of camelbone.

It allows many more colors to come out. GEC should add the black second color layer to all dyed camel bone in the future.

Both are centered with nice 5-6 actions.

74A0C89B-075F-404C-8D09-E011156B5DCB.jpeg E9B2BE32-D09B-4535-8291-F0BD64DE7887.jpeg
here is a GEC 43, 92, 66, and 14 for size comparison.

FA9B438C-FDA9-4781-AC23-88477E69F7D5.jpeg

Last edited:
In my experience shipping from Germany to the US is about $50 additional cost so there's that. Not sure what the conversion rate is right now but it'll def. cost more in US dollars also. If it didn't have the dorky looking etch and was outfitted in NF trim I probably would have splurged for one.

Back