2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

First of the stag's dropped today, was able to snatch this one, they were going fast.

View attachment 1215331
Drop dead beautiful! Can't wait for mine to come in.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Mine arrived today. I noticed what appears to be a very fine crack in the bone on the pile side at the front pin. Any comments? Am I too picky?
View attachment 1215498 View attachment 1215499
Very nice Bill! If you're gonna use it, I don't see the crack as a problem...maybe if you resell it.

I have a few GECs like this. I've been told many times that these cracks are natural fissures (it's usually stag and maybe some are.) Still, disappointing to see cracks on a brand new knife with premium materials. In my opinion, cracks from pin drilling should have an "S" stamped on the tang.

My Camel was waiting for me after work today. I don't think I could be any happier with the color - almost an Appaloosa appearance. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I was going to skip the stags but now I'm not sure - I may try for one if I'm quick enough to nab a lighter one. All four of the 92s I've gotten have been super nice!

Mine arrived today. I noticed what appears to be a very fine crack in the bone on the pile side at the front pin. Any comments? Am I too picky?
View attachment 1215498 View attachment 1215499
Received mine yesterday and sent it back today. It had pin crack on center pin of pile side. Much worse than yours. Horizontal though pin plus a vertical crack up through to the liner that. After that long wait I am disappointed I'll most likely miss out on one now unless I chose to pay a premium.

Mine came yesterday and has one prominent and one small hairline that was colored black, maybe by polishing compound. Not sure if the 2 hairlines in mine are true cracks or "natural fissures." Given their location, I don't think they were produced by stress on the bone. I saw a couple of camel bone 92s listed for sale by a dealer that also had natural fissures.

Acceptable for the handle material, or send it back? I ordered another after seeing the hairlines.

Apologies for the harsh lighting.

EDIT: After looking at my photo I can see that the long hairline extends all the way to the bottom bolster (or probably did in the original slab before sizing).

IMG_2577.jpg IMG_2579.jpg IMG_2578.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my set. Pretty sure I'm going to skip the stag unless the mob mentality takes over when they start dropping. All the talk about cracks made me question the brown line on the mark side of the camel, but it's completely smooth and doesn't extend to a pin. I'm going to assume it's a fissure that siphoned in dye from the bolster side cut. At any rate it doesn't bother me since it's structurally sound and kind of looks cool. Maybe I'm too easy, but i'm quite happy with this run.

72fyxmB.jpg

Received mine yesterday and sent it back today. It had pin crack on center pin of pile side. Much worse than yours. Horizontal though pin plus a vertical crack up through to the liner that. After that long wait I am disappointed I'll most likely miss out on one now unless I chose to pay a premium.
who are you sending it back to? the seller? or the manufacturer?

Back