2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by GE Jr, Aug 19, 2019.

1. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Very nice set... I wouldn't send that back at all... that is character. This IS bone we are talking about. If it's not structurally cracked, it's good. I like that type of character in a natural material scale. I wouldn't be a bit disappointed if mine comes in with something like that.

Your calico is almost exactly what I would look for in that color. Sort of dark, with the look of some appaloosa in it.... very nice.

JohnDF, Ramrodmb and AnW like this.
  2. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    AnW likes this.
  3. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    I was thrilled when the Calico showed up. Way better than the production photos looked. I also really like the camel, my photo doesn't do it justice. There's such a cool mix of light and dark dye.

I've only been collecting GEC for 6 months or so and I've been lucky enough to get some great knives. The ebony @waynorth Lambsfoot is still my favorite to carry but these 92s are pretty darn nice too - I carry the OD Green quite a bit.

4. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    I know what you mean... I've had my elderberry in my pocket almost every day since I got it. It just feels right. I find that I'm using the sheepfoot blade almost exclusively. It's just a perfect size for almost any task, and cuts like a scalpel. I WANT to carry the OD green, because it just looks like a working knife... but I can't seem to leave the elderberry at home.

Jarhead Greasemonkey and AnW like this.
  5. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    My second antique goldenrod camel bone #92 Eureka Jack came in today. While cleaning the knife, I cut my thumb with the #92 baby blade. I did not even know that my thumb was even cut. GEC knives are really sharp. I am very excited about the #86 Oil Jacks coming up.

easternknives and AnW like this.
  6. Jarhead Greasemonkey

Jarhead Greasemonkey Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2015
    My camel bone should be in Tuesday and I plan on carrying it for dress occasions only. I've loved working with the micarta though.

AnW likes this.
  7. easternknives

easternknives

Dec 24, 2009
    Distributor I bought it from.

8. Terdl76

Terdl76 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Sacto, Magizm7, Travman and 2 others like this.
  9. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    C2151D67-6669-47B6-A267-2FD4AFF0BF0D.jpeg
    sporting a slight reprofiling on the secondary and fresh edges. Sliced some veggies for oven roasting—like a laser.

10. Terdl76

Terdl76 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Just a little info on that wooden one marked “JBF”. It’s actually a 2016 assembled knife. After the first run in 2013, Bill found some leftover parts in a cleanup in later years and offered to make 15 more. Actually 16, but one was a single blade. India rosewood salvaged from the old Cattaraugus cutlery building. Now I know where 4 of them are. One of my most cherished knives!

JohnDF, AnW and Jarhead Greasemonkey like this.
  11. biomed

biomed Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
  12. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Charlie sold the single blade version to my brother-in-law, @llKRAKENll. Maybe he will post a picture of it here.

llKRAKENll likes this.
  13. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm pretty sure that Camel bone has cracks in it naturally, seem to remember previous runs using this material that had way more cracks than this run. I will have to try to dig up some pics from previous runs of Camel bone.

14. llKRAKENll

llKRAKENll

Jun 20, 2017
    I was extremely fortunate to have gotten both of these from Charlie at the recent Rendezvous. In an email, Michael Losicco confirmed the JBF is a one-off. Although the rosewood covers were supplied by Bill on this one and were not from the old factory
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  15. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    33CDD921-4E65-46A3-865C-5E887A8191FB.jpeg I was going to go with the Micarta version but I saw this on the exchange and picked it up.
    This is a very nice pattern and I love the blade selection.
    As usual it is great GEC quality in terms of fit and finish and action.

I really would of loved to see a couple Tidioute acrylic versions though.

16. llKRAKENll

llKRAKENll

Jun 20, 2017
    I returned the 1st of these due to an extremely weak W&T. Greg @ TSA Knives made it right with an exchange. Very, very happy with this one
    [​IMG]

17. llKRAKENll

llKRAKENll

Jun 20, 2017
    [​IMG]

18. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    That is a nice one Mike. I like the light color all around the edges

llKRAKENll likes this.
  19. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    In an email, Michael Losicco confirmed the JBF is a one-off. Although the rosewood covers were supplied by Bill on this one and were not from the old factory
    [​IMG]

You were in the right place at the right time on those two, @llKRAKENll !!

Wurrwulf, Travman, llKRAKENll and 3 others like this.
  20. llKRAKENll

llKRAKENll

Jun 20, 2017
    You couldn’t be more right Charlie! The stars were aligned on that day for sure!!! “Thank you” a thousand times!

waynorth likes this.