2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

I was extremely fortunate to have gotten both of these from Charlie at the recent Rendezvous. In an email, Michael Losicco confirmed the JBF is a one-off. Although the rosewood covers were supplied by Bill on this one and were not from the old factory
XiqTAb6.jpg

Absolute sensation:cool: Now can everybody see why this pattern is at its best Barehead?;):thumbsup:

In an email, Michael Losicco confirmed the JBF is a one-off. Although the rosewood covers were supplied by Bill on this one and were not from the old factory
XiqTAb6.jpg

You were in the right place at the right time on those two, @llKRAKENll !!

Definitely in the right place at the right time! Emmet, Sam and I were right behind @llKRAKENll in line, and I was crossing all of my fingers and toes that he'd pass on it. But that's totally cool that he didn't, as the cash came in handy for other things (specifically these 2 blade Eurekas that go into my collection):) It is a beauty for sure!

Got mine in today, not the lightest in this thread but on the lighter side no doubt. Notice the cracks on the pile side, notably between the top bolster and pin. Something to keep an eye on for sure although this won’t necessarily be doing any hard work, it’s a show piece! Gorgeous knife, happy to have it in the rotation.
PWGMLbf.jpg

tOOATOy.jpg

I've been away on a trip and came home to this beauty waiting for me. 'Twas a long wait but well worth it in the end. Like with any dyed camel bone, I am always a bit wary of what I might end up with. I have a preference towards richer colors, interesting textures, and eye catching variants in character. I don't care for a white knife with a faint blue streak in it if it was originally meant to be blue. Had my example been white with some yellow streaks, I would likely have sought to either leech the color out of it or simply re-dye it.

However, I am immensely pleased with what arrived in my mailbox. Another fine knife for the collection and it exhibits so much depth and texture that it is rather difficult to capture in a photo. There is really nothing about this knife that displeases me.

8BER203.jpg

a5qBFQh.jpg

zzszfnr.jpg

TD9acTC.jpg

My Goldenrod arrived today... I'm pleased. It's a different feel in hand from the elderberry and the micarta. I think this one has lots of character.... each side has fissures, and one side is slightly darker than the other. The mark side has a fissure that runs completely through the shield. To me, it acts as an "accent"... I like it.

izAOO9.jpg

izAHc2.jpg

5663CB29-AEDD-43F3-AC65-57B0061AF58B.jpeg I absolutely applaud those scoring the camel bones on this run. The cream of the crop as far as I am concerned regarding the fresh #92 run. While it would have been great to add one to the collection, I doubt it would have seen much use. While the covers are amazing, I find myself preferring the original barehead and all steel construction release. However, I am always amazed on how every reissue of an existing pattern, GEC always manages to introduce a new facet that makes the new release very alluring. It really is all about securing the combination that checks the most boxes.

View attachment 1217652 I absolutely applaud those scoring the camel bones on this run. The cream of the crop as far as I am concerned regarding the fresh #92 run. While it would have been great to add one to the collection, I doubt it would have seen much use. While the covers are amazing, I find myself preferring the original barehead and all steel construction release. However, I am always amazed on how every reissue of an existing pattern, GEC always manages to introduce a new facet that makes the new release very alluring. It really is all about securing the combination that checks the most boxes.
Wow! That one looks great with some patina and use showing. I agree with Will, that is the shield for this frame and barehead is the perfect look for this frame.

Why do we say barehead anyways, should it be barebottom?

Wow! That one looks great with some patina and use showing. I agree with Will, that is the shield for this frame and barehead is the perfect look for this frame.

Why do we say barehead anyways, should it be barebottom?

:D Maybe but if it has a cap, I tend to wear my caps on my head o_O;)

I remember seeing on a defunct British knife forum, people referring to the blade end of the bolster as a Muck-Joint:D Obviously they'd not encountered double ended knives;) or Twin Muck-Joints...

Back