2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

Incoming!

gPhlrHe.jpg

7jaYOmk.jpg

Antique Goldenrods are up again. Free shipping and a free slip too. Gone , Gone , Gone. The Goldenrods were around about 20 minutes. That was a miracle .

Last edited:
Shipping mine back to the manufacturer today for replacement. Mine had a fine crack at one of the pins. The crack did not follow the grain of the bone and I suspected it occurred when the bone was drilled for the pin. The manufacturer was very nice about it and now I am awaiting my new Antique Goldenrod. In the meantime I snagged one on the Forum so now I'll have two. Maybe I'll sell one of them....oh, and I have a stag on order too. Excited about getting that one!

My first goldenrod was very light. No complaints.

Surprisingly I snagged another from a different dealer, that I hoped would be more complex. Opened the tube to find...just about exactly the same!

So now I have two; guess I'll put one aside for trade value in the coming year(s).

I win the award for receiving the most mismatched Camel bone 92, was looking for a 92 to carry so it went right in the pocket, will be interesting to see how it ages.

I'm actually much relieved when this happens to me. Non-functional flaws generally enable me to allow myself to carry an otherwise valuable and collectible knife. It's stupid, but it's the way it is. If the knife is flawless and relatively rare, I have a very hard time putting it into my pocket.

I'm actually much relieved when this happens to me. Non-functional flaws generally enable me to allow myself to carry an otherwise valuable and collectible knife. It's stupid, but it's the way it is. If the knife is flawless and relatively rare, I have a very hard time putting it into my pocket.

Yup me too, I picked up 3 of the Camel bones because I wanted one to carry and this one made the decision easy.

I am so happy to see so many different variations of the Eureka. Thinking back to when I brought the pattern to Bill I always thought it would be a well liked pattern but never thought it would be this popular.

Here is a custom that Bobby Toole made for me. It of course has the Cattaraugus Rosewood handles.

I was also lucky to get 2 stag 92's that are in the mail to me. Toole1 (1024x683).jpg Toole2 (1024x683).jpg Toole3 (1024x683).jpg Toole4 (1024x683).jpg

I am so happy to see so many different variations of the Eureka. Thinking back to when I brought the pattern to Bill I always thought it would be a well liked pattern but never thought it would be this popular.

Here is a custom that Bobby Toole made for me. It of course has the Cattaraugus Rosewood handles.

I was also lucky to get 2 stag 92's that are in the mail to me. View attachment 1218338 View attachment 1218339 View attachment 1218340 View attachment 1218341

Stunning knife there Mike!!

I was also lucky to get 2 stag 92's that are in the mail to me. View attachment 1218338 View attachment 1218339 View attachment 1218340 View attachment 1218341
So...you're the guy to blame for my addiction:)

In all honesty, I have to say Thank You for the influence you had on Bill to make the Eureka.

I love traditional folders - some more than others - but the 92 has always "spoken to me" for some reason.

In my opinion it's the perfect marriage between elegance and function. The unique curves, and utilitarian blade combination set it apart from any other pattern. While I generally prefer clip blades over spears, no other traditional blade would have contributed to the overall aesthetics as well as this one does.

My favorite view is of the original (coping on mark side) Eureka Jack with both blades closed.

I love this knife. Thank you sir!

Here's what I've got so far...
paEmofR.jpg

In all honesty, I have to say Thank You for the influence you had on Bill to make the Eureka.

I love traditional folders - some more than others - but the 92 has always "spoken to me" for some reason.

In my opinion it's the perfect marriage between elegance and function. The unique curves, and utilitarian blade combination set it apart from any other pattern. While I generally prefer clip blades over spears, no other traditional blade would have contributed to the overall aesthetics as well as this one does.

My favorite view is of the original (coping on mark side) Eureka Jack with both blades closed.

paEmofR.jpg

Impressive collection!

paEmofR.jpg
So, if you had to pick a favorite ....?

Back