2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

This is the first time GEC has used the Orleans shield in the up-side-down position. All previous uses have had the larger end pointed up towards the main blade pivot end of the knife.

I kinda wish they'd have called it the 'Bow Tie Squished On One End' instead of Orleans shield. Then I wouldn't think of it as an abstract fleur-de-lis, which I've only seen shown big end up...unless a football player has been tackled. :eek::p

GEC-SHIELDS-768x1033.jpg fleur de lis.jpg

I'd be happy with white camel bone with a little character at this point. I can't believe they are under construction and we still don't have a hint of the color. Several people gave them reserved, have no idea what color they will be. Hope you like purple. :)

anyone know where to pre-order, don't see it anywhere (please pm if necessary)

:thumbsup::cool:

IMG_9678.jpg

This makes me quite happy. I don't have anything with an Orleans shield yet and that, paired with the red bone, is going to make for one handsome blade.

I'd be happy with white camel bone with a little character at this point. I can't believe they are under construction and we still don't have a hint of the color. Several people gave them reserved, have no idea what color they will be. Hope you like purple. :)

I have gotten in the habit of reserving both the Tidioute and Northfield bone options of a pattern that I am interested in. It is a bit of a gamble, especially when they do not announce the color until much further down the line, but it has paid off more than once (the Tidioute bone on this run would be an example of a gamble going my way). In other cases, not so much...

Honestly, if the camel bone on this run happens to be purple, I'd be tickled, mostly because my daughter will absolutely adore it.

This makes me quite happy. I don't have anything with an Orleans shield yet and that, paired with the red bone, is going to make for one handsome blade.

I have gotten in the habit of reserving both the Tidioute and Northfield bone options of a pattern that I am interested in. It is a bit of a gamble, especially when they do not announce the color until much further down the line, but it has paid off more than once (the Tidioute bone on this run would be an example of a gamble going my way). In other cases, not so much...

Honestly, if the camel bone on this run happens to be purple, I'd be tickled, mostly because my daughter will absolutely adore it.

Lol. I was just messing. I kinda might have one spoken for too. I just am surprised they haven't said yet since they already cut them and are probably dying as we speak. I would be fine with white/yellowish/aged myself.

Maybe they're just afraid because of the green to aqua toothpicks and some of the blue 93s didn't come out quite as even. Who knows.

Lol. I was just messing. I kinda might have one spoken for too. I just am surprised they haven't said yet since they already cut them and are probably dying as we speak. I would be fine with white/yellowish/aged myself.

Maybe they're just afraid because of the green to aqua toothpicks and some of the blue 93s didn't come out quite as even. Who knows.

Camel bone sure is a fickle beast. I'd be fine with undyed/natural myself. Since they are doing the Orleans shield on the Tidioute bone, it really has me curious if we will get a cool shield on the Northfield bone as well. A Crest, Federal, or Badge would look pretty slick, I would think.

I would lose mine to my daughter instantly, she keeps asking for a purple knife...it wouldn't be the worse thing.

I would lose mine to my daughter instantly, she keeps asking for a purple knife...it wouldn't be the worse thing.
I myself would be quite happy with purple. The purple they've done a couple times in the past on cattle bone have turned out great.

However...I'm not at all certain how it would turn out on the camel bone.

Back