2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

I much prefer the Lambfoot version instead of the Ramfoot . I have used both the Lambfoot and a Sheepfoot for the last 3 years and the only advantage that I see of the Lambfoot is it has a smaller presence in the pocket than the Sheepfoot does . I would expect that there would be even a bigger difference with a Ramfoot .

I do see that the size would be a difference; but I just think the form of the lambsfoot has an odd look. To me it is almost like a puppy that is so ugly it is a bit cute. But the cutting edge on both seems the same as the wharncliffe.

I do see that the size would be a difference; but I just think the form of the lambsfoot has an odd look. To me it is almost like a puppy that is so ugly it is a bit cute. But the cutting edge on both seems the same as the wharncliffe.

:D:D

I think the lambsfoot looks a bit like a raptor bird of prey, personally.

I don't think there is much difference in the cutting edge, but there is a slight difference. The angled blade of the lambsfoot means the tip is slightly lower than the back of the blade when in a neutral position. Certainly some sheepsfoot knives could achieve the same thing (and probably do). The other difference is the extra precision afforded by getting your finger on the spine of the blade near the tip. Since there is less distance between your finger and the cutting edge on a lambsfoot, you get a little extra precision than with a sheepsfoot. Less precision, perhaps, than a wharncliffe, but a sturdier tip.

Last edited:
Yes , but I have tried a Wharncliffe too , but just can not get over the very pointed but IMO very weak point of it . I encourage you to try a Lambfoot for a while Mike .

Harry

D, mock up a lambsfoot blade on a 78 American Jack frame. That should blow everyone's mind.:p

Just curious, is there only interest in the Ram if the Lamb cannot be obtained? I guess, the question is - would everyone "rather" have the Lamb given everything else was equal? (equally available, priced, etc.)

Of the two, I really only want the Lamb, even if the Lamb costs a bit more. I might consider buying a Ram and regrinding it into a Lamb, depending on finances, motivation, and success at snagging a Ram at a bargain price(a user off the exchange would be ideal). I'd much prefer the actual Lamb and there are other grinding projects, like turning a spey into a punch or cap lifter, higher on my list right now. Short answer = yes. :)

I do see that the size would be a difference; but I just think the form of the lambsfoot has an odd look...

FWIW, I agree with you on the lambsfoot’s appearance; the blade and handle look “unbalanced” to me. With that said, I’m a real fan. In use the blade is—for me at least—a near-ideal compromise between a sheepsfoot and a Wharncliffe.

Just curious, is there only interest in the Ram if the Lamb cannot be obtained? I guess, the question is - would everyone "rather" have the Lamb given everything else was equal? (equally available, priced, etc.)

I have zero interest in the Ram. It's just another sheepsfoot knife, and I've got a zillion of them. Actually, I'd rate the Ram below a standard sheepsfoot, because of the higher than normal looking tip.

I've used a lambsfoot shaped blade in the past for leather working, and it was amazing. A perfect blend of sturdiness and precision. I'd buy a few if it were possible, for the utility value alone.

I have enjoyed my RR Half Hawk and the Ramsfoot looks to be very similar in blade and handle shape. The Half Hawk isn't something I carry a lot but I do like using it.

I don't have a lambsfoot, and I will try to get one. If I do coupled with the blade Forums knife that's 2 straight blades so I would not buy the ram's foot. If I miss on the lambsfoot I would then probably buy a ram's foot.

I’m going for the Ram Foot. I will likely never find a GEC Lamb Foot on the retail market since they all seem to be SFO knives, and I can’t afford one on the secondary market. I have no experience with either blade configuration but I suspect either would be very useful.

Anyone have some insider knowledge of when we can start seeing the 93 being produced? The production schedule has the 93s being finished end of June but I haven't seen any production photos yet.

I don't have insider info but we should start seeing something next week. The indicator will be the finished Copperhead bone #12 photo :thumbsup:

No recent updates to the 93 schedule, any news on the TBD for the jig bone and shields.
Hope they decide on a couple with no shield.

No recent updates to the 93 schedule, any news on the TBD for the jig bone and shields.
Hope they decide on a couple with no shield.
Things have been a little behind I think Chris has been out. Will see what happens this week :thumbsup:

Anyone have some insider knowledge of when we can start seeing the 93 being produced? The production schedule has the 93s being finished end of June but I haven't seen any production photos yet.

They usually stop posting production pictures during a Northwoods run. Usually doesn't mean GEC isn't working on the next run already. In my experience the pics on their site are several to many weeks delayed. I wouldn't worry about a delay on the next run based off what pics they post. I'm excited for the 93 too.

Since I don’t have a lamb foot that’s what I’m gunning for. Of course all will be look very nice.

Back