2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

I ordered one of 93s with the Ramsfoot yesterday as soon as I saw they were out and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. That said I hope I can catch one of the Waynorth Lambsfoot knives. Any help locating one when they are available is appreciated.

I do wish they would annonce what bone they are using for the Northfields so before the bone Tidioutes are released. Need to decide which I'd like.

Back Label:

After a prodigious study of antique cutlery we feel we have developed the perfect handle for a Lamb Foot Knife. It comes to hand well to do the work required of it.

The Lamb Foot blade has a straight, easily sharpened edge with a tapered configuration, giving exquisite reach.

The tip is sharp yet reinforced, so not prone to breakage like a more tapered blade. Its gradual slope makes it unobtrusive in the pocket.

This blade is a favourite of gardeners and those engaged in animal husbandry throughout the United Kingdom. After hundreds of years it is time for this knife to come into the

American lexicon like other Sheffield designs before it.

So here we have the first American-produced Lamb Foot Knife.

With a tip of the hat to the highly evolved Joseph Rodgers Cutlery Company of a century ago, and a stroke of genius from a certain local cutler, we have an ancient knife for the current age.

Remember to oil the joints and keep your knife sharp and wiped.

Thanks for your support of this old pattern.

CC/JB

(Rough copy for back label of LambFoot.)

Back Label:

After a prodigious study of antique cutlery we feel we have developed the perfect handle for a Lamb Foot Knife. It comes to hand well to do the work required of it.

The Lamb Foot blade has a straight, easily sharpened edge with a tapered configuration, giving exquisite reach.

The tip is sharp yet reinforced, so not prone to breakage like a more tapered blade. Its gradual slope makes it unobtrusive in the pocket.

This blade is a favourite of gardeners and those engaged in animal husbandry throughout the United Kingdom. After hundreds of years it is time for this knife to come into the

With a tip of the hat to the highly evolved Joseph Rodgers Cutlery Company of a century ago, and a stroke of genius from a certain local cutler, we have an ancient knife for the current age.

CC/JB

Can't wait Charlie. The Jigged bone and the ebony are going to be amazing.

I've been trying to envision what the royal blue SFO is going to look like. I might have to mock that up but I picture royal blue having more of a purple-ish tint vs all the standard blue camel bone I've seen thus far. It seems like there is a lot of handle material on the 93 (extra butt width & no bottom bolster) which means extra real estate for dyed camel bone color variations. The aqua camel bone we are seeing now has quite a bit of color variation.
I greatly underestimated the green boot #14 when that came around but it is also a lot easier to show better bone and color on a small, double bolster pattern like that.
Can't wait to start seeing more 93 production photos :thumbsup:
View attachment 1126888
If I score a #93 Camel royal blue knife , I will pop it 3 to 5 times with Fiebling's leather navy blue dye.

Back Label:

CC/JB

You have me salivating Charlie …. I can hardly contain myself.....

View attachment 1142351
Production is moving along. Not a huge micarta fan, but the ram's foot is looking really nice.
These #93 natural canvas micarta knives are selling like hot cakes on the first day ! I begged GEC to make an #86 Smooth Oily Creek bone single blade knife. GEC is making a #93 Tidioute Natural Oily Creek bone knife. If they ad on a guitar shield for "Rock Around the Clock" 65 years old. 4/12/2019 We will all know that GEC finally listens to their customers. GEC is now hiding the production of the oily creek knives. GEC is only now showing pictures of the Charlie chestnut and the GP black micarta scales. GEC is sneaky and they are hiding the details on the #93 Ram's foot oily creek bone knife. This might be a good sign. Either way guitar shield or not ,I will be thankful for a #93 natural oily creek bone knife.

Man, I had no intention of buying another knife now...as I am still owing myself for the last few...but that dumb pay with paypal button is just SO easy and if your finger slips....guess I am gonna have a new knife delivered in a few days.

Man, I had no intention of buying another knife now...as I am still owing myself for the last few...but that dumb pay with paypal button is just SO easy and if your finger slips....guess I am gonna have a new knife delivered in a few days.

I went to ksf website and didn’t see them listed for sale yet ?

I am fortunate enough to have started collecting some of the older Sheffield Lambsfoot knives, and the jigged bone hafts look faithful to that era. That back label is perfect. Congratulations on the near arrival of another one of your masterpieces, Charlie.
And I certainly enjoy seeing your Old Sheffields Harvey .

Harry

Well I guess I put my name on a list instead of ordering....oh well. KSF doesn’t have it listed. Gunstockjack does.

Back