1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Oh hey, exciting emails about 93's in stock...follow link, dang hotdog shield

2. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    :D:D:D

waynorth and Cutfinger like this.
  3. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    IMG_4226.jpg

Looks like some real nice jigged bone on Charlie's lamb foot knife.

4. FSU1992

FSU1992 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2014
    I ordered one of 93s with the Ramsfoot yesterday as soon as I saw they were out and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. That said I hope I can catch one of the Waynorth Lambsfoot knives. Any help locating one when they are available is appreciated.

Onearmbladenut and waynorth like this.
  5. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Oh my word, YES!!!!!!

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Charlie's knife is going to be a real winner.
    Can't wait to see the pictures from all of you that will be lucky enough to buy one.

7. Ajd3530

Ajd3530

Jan 20, 2017
    I do wish they would annonce what bone they are using for the Northfields so before the bone Tidioutes are released. Need to decide which I'd like.

tmd_87 likes this.
  8. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Back Label:

After a prodigious study of antique cutlery we feel we have developed the perfect handle for a Lamb Foot Knife. It comes to hand well to do the work required of it.

The Lamb Foot blade has a straight, easily sharpened edge with a tapered configuration, giving exquisite reach.

The tip is sharp yet reinforced, so not prone to breakage like a more tapered blade. Its gradual slope makes it unobtrusive in the pocket.

This blade is a favourite of gardeners and those engaged in animal husbandry throughout the United Kingdom. After hundreds of years it is time for this knife to come into the

American lexicon like other Sheffield designs before it.

So here we have the first American-produced Lamb Foot Knife.

With a tip of the hat to the highly evolved Joseph Rodgers Cutlery Company of a century ago, and a stroke of genius from a certain local cutler, we have an ancient knife for the current age.

Remember to oil the joints and keep your knife sharp and wiped.

Thanks for your support of this old pattern.

CC/JB

(Rough copy for back label of LambFoot.)

9. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Can't wait Charlie. The Jigged bone and the ebony are going to be amazing.

cigarrodog, Frailer and Fox79 like this.
  10. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Ditto.

Onearmbladenut, cigarrodog and tmd_87 like this.
  11. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    If I score a #93 Camel royal blue knife , I will pop it 3 to 5 times with Fiebling's leather navy blue dye.

12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    I am fortunate enough to have started collecting some of the older Sheffield Lambsfoot knives, and the jigged bone hafts look faithful to that era. That back label is perfect. Congratulations on the near arrival of another one of your masterpieces, Charlie.

13. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018

You have me salivating Charlie …. I can hardly contain myself.....

14. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    These #93 natural canvas micarta knives are selling like hot cakes on the first day ! I begged GEC to make an #86 Smooth Oily Creek bone single blade knife. GEC is making a #93 Tidioute Natural Oily Creek bone knife. If they ad on a guitar shield for "Rock Around the Clock" 65 years old. 4/12/2019 We will all know that GEC finally listens to their customers. GEC is now hiding the production of the oily creek knives. GEC is only now showing pictures of the Charlie chestnut and the GP black micarta scales. GEC is sneaky and they are hiding the details on the #93 Ram's foot oily creek bone knife. This might be a good sign. Either way guitar shield or not ,I will be thankful for a #93 natural oily creek bone knife.

Behr95 likes this.
  15. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    Tidioute natural oily creek bone #93 Ram's Foot knife !!!!

16. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Man, I had no intention of buying another knife now...as I am still owing myself for the last few...but that dumb pay with paypal button is just SO easy and if your finger slips....guess I am gonna have a new knife delivered in a few days.

17. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018

I went to ksf website and didn’t see them listed for sale yet ?

18. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    And I certainly enjoy seeing your Old Sheffields Harvey .

Harry

cigarrodog and TFBraden like this.
  19. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Well I guess I put my name on a list instead of ordering....oh well. KSF doesn’t have it listed. Gunstockjack does.

bbk357 likes this.
  20. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    KSF won't list until they get them in hand-soon!

TFBraden likes this.