1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    If I'm not mistaken KSF is already sold out. I could be wrong. I got an email from them yesterday I think, saying they were for sale. I went to the link and there were none available. Don't quote me as I have been wrong in the past, but that was my take. Of course, I am talking about the Ram's Foot and not the Lambsfoot.

tmd_87 and Sharps like this.
  2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Harry. It’s become a rabbit hole that I happily have gone down in. Your TEWs as well as your other knives, are equally a pleasure to see.

Fodderwing, tmd_87 and Old Engineer like this.
  3. Sharps

Sharps Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Don't hold out for KSF, believe they've been and gone, ordered mine on the 10th, the product page is now 404, and as my pic shows OOS.

[​IMG]

4. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    I was hoping to grab a lambsfoot and ramsfoot, after reading up on the demand for the lambsfoot ive already accepted that they will be near impossible to get but now after seeing how fast those ramsfoots sold out I'm starting to doubt I'll even be able score one of those. Are they producing a lot less of the 93s than they produced of the 97s? The 97s are still easy to get.

tmd_87 likes this.
  5. salty141

salty141 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Especially like the looks of the Lambsfoot. Wish I had a chance to get one, I will keep an eye out but it would be a minor miracle.

tmd_87 likes this.
  6. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Mine should hopefully be here by Saturday....I just am invisioning endless slicing with these blades.

7. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I can't recall if it has been explained before by someone who has more insight but is there a specific reason why GEC does not announce the specific bone they are using until they are pretty much already in production? Is it because they don't have it finalized? Is it because it might be subject to change due to how the dyeing turns out? Or do they simply want it to be a surprise.

I've gotten into the habit of putting my name down for both the Tidioute and the Northfield bone options. By the time I discover what the bone choice is going to be, it is usually too late to withdraw my name if I don't care for it. However, a good shield can really dress up the dreariest of bone so I am holding out for a decent shield on the Oil Sucker covers. I guess we will see what happens.

8. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    I think it is twofold. 1) They don't want to worry about it 3 months ahead of time; and most importantly, 2) They wait to see many times how it comes out.

Old Engineer, Jack Black and Pàdruig like this.
  9. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thanks, Mike. I suspected that might be the case, seems reasonable on their part.

10. H2O2HI

H2O2HI Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Gunstock Jack said that the main shipment would be June 17th. Evidently, This bunch of knives were a teaser advance?

tmd_87 likes this.
  11. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    It simply could not be better! More than appropriate :cool:

Regards, Will

Matt_WY likes this.
  12. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Looks like the tang number is not unique to the Ramsfoot...933119. I was curious if it would be a new designation.

3 = Sheepsfoot

L.H.S and cigarrodog like this.
  13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Makes sense :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  14. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Oh man! That is great to see :)

Matt_WY and cigarrodog like this.
  15. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018

I don’t know- my connection tells me this is a very short run. I was waiting on the oily bone or the black canvas but I may just grab what I can.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  16. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    I believe Charlie said 500 lambsfoot, 300 bone 200 ebony.

t.willy, gaj999, tmd_87 and 1 other person like this.
  17. bbk357

Mar 12, 2018

Wow if that’s true the numbers look good. That means 62.5 lamb foot to each Charlie C dealer. I just hope I don’t get the half knife :)

t.willy likes this.
  18. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    All runs are generally 500 knives. There are 9 dealers and Charlie keeps a bit. Count looks like 25/15.

Old Engineer, t.willy, gaj999 and 2 others like this.
  19. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Each dealer is getting 40; 25 bone and 15 ebony.

20. bbk357

Mar 12, 2018

Thanks guys!
    My bad I thought 8 dealers.

tmd_87 likes this.