2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Well I guess I put my name on a list instead of ordering....oh well. KSF doesn’t have it listed. Gunstockjack does.
If I'm not mistaken KSF is already sold out. I could be wrong. I got an email from them yesterday I think, saying they were for sale. I went to the link and there were none available. Don't quote me as I have been wrong in the past, but that was my take. Of course, I am talking about the Ram's Foot and not the Lambsfoot.

The picture is a pretty good representation of what it looks like, the etch doesn't bother me as much as the finish of this side of the blade

KSF won't list until they get them in hand-soon!

Don't hold out for KSF, believe they've been and gone, ordered mine on the 10th, the product page is now 404, and as my pic shows OOS.

gKxKHCi.jpg

I was hoping to grab a lambsfoot and ramsfoot, after reading up on the demand for the lambsfoot ive already accepted that they will be near impossible to get but now after seeing how fast those ramsfoots sold out I'm starting to doubt I'll even be able score one of those. Are they producing a lot less of the 93s than they produced of the 97s? The 97s are still easy to get.

Especially like the looks of the Lambsfoot. Wish I had a chance to get one, I will keep an eye out but it would be a minor miracle.

Mine should hopefully be here by Saturday....I just am invisioning endless slicing with these blades.

I can't recall if it has been explained before by someone who has more insight but is there a specific reason why GEC does not announce the specific bone they are using until they are pretty much already in production? Is it because they don't have it finalized? Is it because it might be subject to change due to how the dyeing turns out? Or do they simply want it to be a surprise.

I've gotten into the habit of putting my name down for both the Tidioute and the Northfield bone options. By the time I discover what the bone choice is going to be, it is usually too late to withdraw my name if I don't care for it. However, a good shield can really dress up the dreariest of bone so I am holding out for a decent shield on the Oil Sucker covers. I guess we will see what happens.

I can't recall if it has been explained before by someone who has more insight but is there a specific reason why GEC does not announce the specific bone they are using until they are pretty much already in production? Is it because they don't have it finalized? Is it because it might be subject to change due to how the dyeing turns out? Or do they simply want it to be a surprise.

I've gotten into the habit of putting my name down for both the Tidioute and the Northfield bone options. By the time I discover what the bone choice is going to be, it is usually too late to withdraw my name if I don't care for it. However, a good shield can really dress up the dreariest of bone so I am holding out for a decent shield on the Oil Sucker covers. I guess we will see what happens.

I think it is twofold. 1) They don't want to worry about it 3 months ahead of time; and most importantly, 2) They wait to see many times how it comes out.

I think it is twofold. 1) They don't want to worry about it 3 months ahead of time; and most importantly, 2) They wait to see many times how it comes out.

Thanks, Mike. I suspected that might be the case, seems reasonable on their part.

Gunstock Jack said that the main shipment would be June 17th. Evidently, This bunch of knives were a teaser advance?

Looks like the tang number is not unique to the Ramsfoot...933119. I was curious if it would be a new designation.

3 = Sheepsfoot

Gunstock Jack said that the main shipment would be June 17th. Evidently, This bunch of knives were a teaser advance?

I don’t know- my connection tells me this is a very short run. I was waiting on the oily bone or the black canvas but I may just grab what I can.

Last edited:
I believe Charlie said 500 lambsfoot, 300 bone 200 ebony.

Wow if that’s true the numbers look good. That means 62.5 lamb foot to each Charlie C dealer. I just hope I don’t get the half knife :)

I don’t know- my connection tells me this is a very short run.

Wow if that’s true the numbers look good. That means 62.5 lamb foot to each Charlie C dealer. I just hope I don’t get the half knife :)

All runs are generally 500 knives. There are 9 dealers and Charlie keeps a bit. Count looks like 25/15.

Back