2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

The bone on the NF 93’s is still TBD correct? I saw the Tidioute/oily creek update, but didn’t know if the Northfield had been announced anywhere.

Anyway of knowing which runs will have the Rams foot long pull? Pictures on the production blog have been a little behind so it's tough to get a feel on what's coming up next.

Anyway of knowing which runs will have the Rams foot long pull? Pictures on the production blog have been a little behind so it's tough to get a feel on what's coming up next.
I imagine that will be Northfield, they are scheduled last in the run with Cocobolo and jigged bone.

GPK has the natural Micarta Ram’s Foot in stock now too.

For what they are charging that Rams foot looks like a great value. Can't decide if I'll go after the Royal blue camel bone or one of the Northfield runs. Just don't want to miss out on this pattern bc I'm loving the way it looks. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a shot at a lambsfoot, would be cool to join the guardians community!

Maybe I'll get lucky and get a shot at a lambsfoot, would be cool to join the guardians community!

You certainly don't need a GEC Lambsfoot to join the Guardians. If you are keen on trying out the pattern, look at the knives being produced in Sheffield. Affordable, hard working knives that are arguably the best representations of the pattern. I know a lot of folks get hung up on US made knives versus made anywhere else but it can be argued that US cutlery was heavily influenced by the Sheffield steel industry early on as the US imported a vast number of blades from England (only a summary, of course, the history is pretty long and complicated, albeit very interesting).

View attachment 1144912 View attachment 1144913 View attachment 1144914

Good Lord, Charlie has hit it out of the park! Even though they are not even finished yet, I can see that these will be some of the most beautiful Lambsfoot knives ever created. Congratulations @waynorth !!

Pàdruig Pàdruig , I understand your point and agree with you Dylan. However, even though these knives might have been inspired by Sheffield, to me, they represent an entirely different level of quality.

Dylan, in regard to the question you pose below; what makes this rendition special, I believe the answer is simple. It is in the eye of the master, Charlie Campagna! Look at the elegant shape of the blade and handle, the incredible tang stamp, and the much wanted random jigging!

Last edited:
The thing about the Waynorth Lambfoot is that it is almost certainly the first interpretation of a Lambfoot from an American cutler. Moreover, it takes its cues from early c20th catalogue pictures wherein the Lambfoot is a long blade with a marked taper, add to that a Rat-Tail and bone that looks like Rodger's Bone-one of America's best- and you get a stunning rendering of this pattern.:cool:

My enthusiasm is tempered by dismay, what hope for those of us far away across the water... in the Old World? No chance of ordering in time:eek: Have to gaze from afar...

Thanks, Will

View attachment 1144912 View attachment 1144913 View attachment 1144914

Pàdruig Pàdruig , I understand your point and agree with you Dylan. However, even though these knives might have been inspired by Sheffield, to me, they represent an entirely different level of quality.

I understand what you are getting at, there is something to be said about GEC's interpretation (resulting from Charlie's diligent guidance) and the quality that we can be sure to expect. I will contend though, that with a couple of the last Sheffield made knives I have received, I would certainly put them right up on the pedestal alongside GEC in terms of quality.

The one thing that I find a little bothersome is that a Lambsfoot knife has always been easily attainable. First US interpretation aside, Charlie's involvement aside, why is it that folks are all of the sudden keen on scooping one up? Or does it simply come down to the qualifiers stated above? You can experience a well made Lambsfoot regardless of your luck or lack thereof in obtaining a Waynorth, if it is indeed the pattern/blade that appeals to you.

That all said, I do agree with Will. The Joseph Rodgers design that is being utilized is one that is not easily come by without strokes of good luck when hunting down vintage examples.

I understand what you are getting at, there is something to be said about GEC's interpretation (resulting from Charlie's diligent guidance) and the quality that we can be sure to expect. I will contend though, that with a couple of the last Sheffield made knives I have received, I would certainly put them right up on the pedestal alongside GEC in terms of quality.

The one thing that I find a little bothersome is that a Lambsfoot knife has always been easily attainable. First US interpretation aside, Charlie's involvement aside, why is it that folks are all of the sudden keen on scooping one up? Or does it simply come down to the qualifiers stated above? You can experience a well made Lambsfoot regardless of your luck or lack thereof in obtaining a Waynorth, if it is indeed the pattern/blade that appeals to you.

That all said, I do agree with Will. The Joseph Rodgers design that is being utilized is one that is not easily come by without strokes of good luck when hunting down vintage examples.
Those are the reasons I have recently ordered a buffalo lambsfoot from A Wright, while I will still try for one of Charlie's wonderful knives, I will still have my first lambsfoot to carry and experience.

This is one of the best GEC builds I have ever received. F&f, walk and talk, pull is all perfection

TXmwJKs.jpg

Back