1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I'm ecstatic!!!! The jigged bone lambsfoots look positively amazing.

2. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    The bone on the NF 93’s is still TBD correct? I saw the Tidioute/oily creek update, but didn’t know if the Northfield had been announced anywhere.

3. Fire Beard

Fire Beard

Sep 1, 2013
    Ram in natural micarta.

4. Sharps

Sharps Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Ramsfoot in stock @ DLT

JohnDF and fonedork like this.
  5. Tyd450

Tyd450 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Thanks, I just had a mild panic attack but all is well

Fire Beard likes this.
  6. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018

I watched the supply dwindle down... but I held off because I’m chancing it on a black Micarta.

TX Traditional likes this.
  7. Fire Beard

Fire Beard

Sep 1, 2013
    I’ll be chancing it on one of those, too!

bbk357 likes this.
  8. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    Anyway of knowing which runs will have the Rams foot long pull? Pictures on the production blog have been a little behind so it's tough to get a feel on what's coming up next.

9. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I imagine that will be Northfield, they are scheduled last in the run with Cocobolo and jigged bone.

waverave and AZCoyote like this.
  10. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Just nabbed one at DLT... if you missed out earlier ... GO GO GO!!! :D

11. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    GPK has the natural Micarta Ram’s Foot in stock now too.

Deinos likes this.
  12. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    For what they are charging that Rams foot looks like a great value. Can't decide if I'll go after the Royal blue camel bone or one of the Northfield runs. Just don't want to miss out on this pattern bc I'm loving the way it looks. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a shot at a lambsfoot, would be cool to join the guardians community!

TFBraden likes this.
  13. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    DLT is out but KSF still had some last time I checked

14. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    You certainly don't need a GEC Lambsfoot to join the Guardians. If you are keen on trying out the pattern, look at the knives being produced in Sheffield. Affordable, hard working knives that are arguably the best representations of the pattern. I know a lot of folks get hung up on US made knives versus made anywhere else but it can be argued that US cutlery was heavily influenced by the Sheffield steel industry early on as the US imported a vast number of blades from England (only a summary, of course, the history is pretty long and complicated, albeit very interesting).

15. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    D8836EA9-71B0-455A-BB70-6A5BA73FF4E5.jpeg 356C2CF6-4E28-4664-84C4-FACE9FE87142.jpeg 3FA1E04C-B519-4792-8339-5623E385C5A3.jpeg

Good Lord, Charlie has hit it out of the park! Even though they are not even finished yet, I can see that these will be some of the most beautiful Lambsfoot knives ever created. Congratulations @waynorth !!

@Pàdruig , I understand your point and agree with you Dylan. However, even though these knives might have been inspired by Sheffield, to me, they represent an entirely different level of quality.

Dylan, in regard to the question you pose below; what makes this rendition special, I believe the answer is simple. It is in the eye of the master, Charlie Campagna! Look at the elegant shape of the blade and handle, the incredible tang stamp, and the much wanted random jigging!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  16. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    The thing about the Waynorth Lambfoot is that it is almost certainly the first interpretation of a Lambfoot from an American cutler. Moreover, it takes its cues from early c20th catalogue pictures wherein the Lambfoot is a long blade with a marked taper, add to that a Rat-Tail and bone that looks like Rodger's Bone-one of America's best- and you get a stunning rendering of this pattern.:cool:

My enthusiasm is tempered by dismay, what hope for those of us far away across the water... in the Old World? No chance of ordering in time:eek: Have to gaze from afar...

Thanks, Will

tmd_87, gaj999, JohnDF and 2 others like this.
  17. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I understand what you are getting at, there is something to be said about GEC's interpretation (resulting from Charlie's diligent guidance) and the quality that we can be sure to expect. I will contend though, that with a couple of the last Sheffield made knives I have received, I would certainly put them right up on the pedestal alongside GEC in terms of quality.

The one thing that I find a little bothersome is that a Lambsfoot knife has always been easily attainable. First US interpretation aside, Charlie's involvement aside, why is it that folks are all of the sudden keen on scooping one up? Or does it simply come down to the qualifiers stated above? You can experience a well made Lambsfoot regardless of your luck or lack thereof in obtaining a Waynorth, if it is indeed the pattern/blade that appeals to you.

That all said, I do agree with Will. The Joseph Rodgers design that is being utilized is one that is not easily come by without strokes of good luck when hunting down vintage examples.

18. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Those are the reasons I have recently ordered a buffalo lambsfoot from A Wright, while I will still try for one of Charlie's wonderful knives, I will still have my first lambsfoot to carry and experience.

JohnDF and waverave like this.
  19. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Double post

20. Tyd450

Tyd450 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2015
    This is one of the best GEC builds I have ever received. F&f, walk and talk, pull is all perfection

[​IMG]