1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. rdave

rdave Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    ramsfoot in stock up in the northwest

2. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    What's your email (in code)

3. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Glamour shot, from GEC!! Dark Chestnut.jpg

Fox79, YoungTX114, waverave and 44 others like this.
  4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Many thanks, left you a message on your Forum profile page :cool:

Regards, Will

5. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I can’t remember the last time I was this enthusiastic about a knife release. This is going to be awesome.

TX Traditional and pmek5 like this.
  6. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    That looks absolutely superb, Charlie!

pmek5 likes this.
  7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Beautiful shots.
    Congratulations on a great design, Charlie.
    Congratulations on a great (re)production, GEC.
    I look forward to seeing all the pictures from the lucky recipients.

pmek5 likes this.
  8. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    But does the new waynorth have a half stop????

TFBraden likes this.
  9. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I may not find a one of the new Lambsfoot, but my Ancient will do just fine. It checks every box that I can think of. It is one of my favorite knives.

[​IMG]

10. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I am not at all wanting to start an argument or a long discussion but please let me say something about it . I have 4 of the A. Wright Lambfoots a 2017 Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot and this probably 100 + year old Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot and Charlies SFO Lambfoot is MUCH closer to my old knife than my A. Wrights or new TEW . The main difference in Charlies SFO and my old TEW is the length . My old TEW right at 4 & 1/8 . All of the other brand old lambfoot knives that I have seen pictures posted of look very much like my old one .
    [​IMG]

Harry

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Luger1952, dave308ek, Fox79 and 12 others like this.
  11. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    Your words and photo just made me pull the trigger on one. This will be my first GEC. I am very excited.

Babalu32, Old Engineer and Tyd450 like this.
  12. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Harry, I don't disagree with you. However, I am starting to think that my point is getting missed.

With respect, as simply put as I can make it, if one is interested in the Lambsfoot, as a pattern and/or blade style, one needs not go far. They don't need to rely on Charlie's SFO to fulfill their fancies.

That isn't to say that the Waynorth Lamb Foot shouldn't be desired and/or coveted. It is a Campagna SFO, after all! I am just hoping to convey that should there be wailing and gnashing of teeth due to missing out, there are Lamb Foot knives to be had elsewhere. Especially if one is genuinely interested in experiencing the merits of the pattern/blade shape.

I have close to 15 (I think) Lambsfoot knives. I have more on the way and will undoubtedly continue to acquire them, it is easily the most prolific pattern in my knife collection. None of these Lambs look like the late 19th/early 20th century examples that Charlie based his SFO on. So I very much agree that folks should be excited for this effort, for more reasons than one.

It is a special knife indeed.

mb>, Fox79, Cutfinger and 8 others like this.
  13. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    What you are saying is true and I agree with you and I also encourage people to really try a Lambfoot Blade .

Harry

Fox79, Cutfinger and Half/Stop like this.
  14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
  15. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 7, 2016
    This knife is beautiful...Too bad most collectors won't be able to have one. I wish GEC would have ran the 93s with the Lambfoot instead of the Ramfoot. 90% of these will end up in safes, only taken out for bragging photos.

I know, it's a SFO...the reservations closed in minutes...still would be nice to place a pre-order for one before they were made.

Oh well, just a knife.

16. knife_fan

knife_fan

May 1, 2012
    I was a bit surprised when I found out GEC was only releasing the Lambfoot blade for Charlie's SFO.

GEC has released a number of sheepsfoot knives over the years, and it would of been nice to finally get a general production run of a lambfoot blade.

17. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    It took me over 4 years to get that Lamb Foot made!! Lots of begging and convincing. There may be a future one but not too soon!!

mb>, Fox79, Half/Stop and 18 others like this.
  18. knife_fan

knife_fan

May 1, 2012
    Thanks for finally convincing Bill to make one Charlie!

Four years is a long time in the works. You definitely deserve to have the honor of having the first release of the lambfoot knife.

tmd_87 and TFBraden like this.
  19. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    They should have listened to you sooner. There is a lot of pent up demand for an American Lambfoot. I will have to be happy with my Sheffield made lambfoots.

mitch4ging likes this.
  20. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    @waynorth Thanks for all your efforts Charlie. I have an ebony Lambsfoot coming and the pics of the bone have been absolutely beautiful, GEC got it right. Congrats on a successful campaign!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: