2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

The thing about the Waynorth Lambfoot is that it is almost certainly the first interpretation of a Lambfoot from an American cutler. Moreover, it takes its cues from early c20th catalogue pictures wherein the Lambfoot is a long blade with a marked taper, add to that a Rat-Tail and bone that looks like Rodger's Bone-one of America's best- and you get a stunning rendering of this pattern.:cool:

My enthusiasm is tempered by dismay, what hope for those of us far away across the water... in the Old World? No chance of ordering in time:eek: Have to gaze from afar...

Thanks, Will
What's your email (in code)

I may not find a one of the new Lambsfoot, but my Ancient will do just fine. It checks every box that I can think of. It is one of my favorite knives.

q5d9M0q.jpg

I understand what you are getting at, there is something to be said about GEC's interpretation (resulting from Charlie's diligent guidance) and the quality that we can be sure to expect. I will contend though, that with a couple of the last Sheffield made knives I have received, I would certainly put them right up on the pedestal alongside GEC in terms of quality.

The one thing that I find a little bothersome is that a Lambsfoot knife has always been easily attainable. First US interpretation aside, Charlie's involvement aside, why is it that folks are all of the sudden keen on scooping one up? Or does it simply come down to the qualifiers stated above? You can experience a well made Lambsfoot regardless of your luck or lack thereof in obtaining a Waynorth, if it is indeed the pattern/blade that appeals to you.

That all said, I do agree with Will. The Joseph Rodgers design that is being utilized is one that is not easily come by without strokes of good luck when hunting down vintage examples.
I am not at all wanting to start an argument or a long discussion but please let me say something about it . I have 4 of the A. Wright Lambfoots a 2017 Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot and this probably 100 + year old Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot and Charlies SFO Lambfoot is MUCH closer to my old knife than my A. Wrights or new TEW . The main difference in Charlies SFO and my old TEW is the length . My old TEW right at 4 & 1/8 . All of the other brand old lambfoot knives that I have seen pictures posted of look very much like my old one .

Harry

Last edited:
I am not at all wanting to start an argument or along discussion but please let me say something about it . I have 4 of the A. Wright Lambfoots a 2017 Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot and this probably 100 + year old Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot and Charlies SFO Lambfoot is MUCH closer to my old knife than my A. Wrights or new TEW . The main difference in Charlies SFO and my old TEW is the length . My old TEW right at 4 & 1/8 . All of the other brand old lambfoot knives that I have seen pictures posted of look very much like my old one .

Harry

Harry, I don't disagree with you. However, I am starting to think that my point is getting missed.

With respect, as simply put as I can make it, if one is interested in the Lambsfoot, as a pattern and/or blade style, one needs not go far. They don't need to rely on Charlie's SFO to fulfill their fancies.

That isn't to say that the Waynorth Lamb Foot shouldn't be desired and/or coveted. It is a Campagna SFO, after all! I am just hoping to convey that should there be wailing and gnashing of teeth due to missing out, there are Lamb Foot knives to be had elsewhere. Especially if one is genuinely interested in experiencing the merits of the pattern/blade shape.

I have close to 15 (I think) Lambsfoot knives. I have more on the way and will undoubtedly continue to acquire them, it is easily the most prolific pattern in my knife collection. None of these Lambs look like the late 19th/early 20th century examples that Charlie based his SFO on. So I very much agree that folks should be excited for this effort, for more reasons than one.

It is a special knife indeed.

Harry, I don't disagree with you. However, I am starting to think that my point is getting missed.

With respect, as simply put as I can make it, if one is interested in the Lambsfoot, as a pattern and/or blade style, one needs not go far. They don't need to rely on Charlie's SFO to fulfill their fancies.

That isn't to say that the Waynorth Lamb Foot shouldn't be desired and/or coveted. It is a Campagna SFO, after all! I am just hoping to convey that should there be wailing and gnashing of teeth due to missing out, there are Lamb Foot knives to be had elsewhere. Especially if one is genuinely interested in experiencing the merits of the pattern/blade shape.

I have close to 15 (I think) Lambsfoot knives. I have more on the way and will undoubtedly continue to acquire them, it is easily the most prolific pattern in my knife collection. None of these Lambs look like the late 19th/early 20th century examples that Charlie based his SFO on. So I very much agree that folks should be excited for this effort, for more reasons than one.

It is a special knife indeed.
What you are saying is true and I agree with you and I also encourage people to really try a Lambfoot Blade .

Harry

This knife is beautiful...Too bad most collectors won't be able to have one. I wish GEC would have ran the 93s with the Lambfoot instead of the Ramfoot. 90% of these will end up in safes, only taken out for bragging photos.

I know, it's a SFO...the reservations closed in minutes...still would be nice to place a pre-order for one before they were made.

Oh well, just a knife.

Last edited:
I was a bit surprised when I found out GEC was only releasing the Lambfoot blade for Charlie's SFO.

GEC has released a number of sheepsfoot knives over the years, and it would of been nice to finally get a general production run of a lambfoot blade.

Last edited:
Thanks for finally convincing Bill to make one Charlie!

Four years is a long time in the works. You definitely deserve to have the honor of having the first release of the lambfoot knife.

They should have listened to you sooner. There is a lot of pent up demand for an American Lambfoot. I will have to be happy with my Sheffield made lambfoots.

Back