2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Been on the road - just paid for the 93 Micarta I had on order. Still in stock at this dealer. Can't list the name as they aren't on the supporting dealer list...PM me if you're looking for one. They do seem to be OOS at many dealers. Maybe another shipment to the dealers next week? How many of each cover this run?

Great looking Lambsfoot!
I'm heartbroken I missed it. Look forward to many posts of it, here and the Guardians thread!
If anyone just hates it :)rolleyes:)and wants to rid of it from their sight, I will help you out!:):thumbsup:

Hey Dennis @mitch4ging - I'm completely in agreement with your sentiments. What a beauty - profile & stag! So I'm tagging on to say DIBS to Dennis' offer to "help". :D

Did we really miss this? :confused: I can't really figure it out from reading through the thread. Must have missed a few posts or others that explained. Where was I through all of this, I wonder?

Nicely done Mr. Charlie waynorth waynorth :thumbsup:

Ray

Happy Father's Day, fathers! I'm a little confused about sales for the lambs foot version. Is there likey to be a "drop" where there is a mad rush to buy on a dealer's website, or pretty much they are all spoken for right now in that each of the 9 dealers has 40 people already in line to buy from them as soon as they get them? I was not around for past CC SFOs and I don't kniw what usually happens. But, I do know how CK is handling their allotment.

Happy Father's Day, fathers! I'm a little confused about sales for the lambs foot version. Is there likey to be a "drop" where there is a mad rush to buy on a dealer's website, or pretty much they are all spoken for right now in that each of the 9 dealers has 40 people already in line to buy from them as soon as they get them? I was not around for past CC SFOs and I don't kniw what usually happens. But, I do know how CK is handling their allotment.

Kniveshipfree will just drop them fyi

To expand on why, I've always wanted a micarta Lambsfoot, and explored getting one re-covered in micarta, but this one is all set handle wise, and has plenty of blade to shave down into the desired shape. Plus this is good insurance if I miss out on the real lambsfoot drop, and if I screw it up I can try to pick up one of the other configurations of the 93 down the line.

To expand on why, I've always wanted a micarta Lambsfoot, and explored getting one re-covered in micarta, but this one is all set handle wise, and has plenty of blade to shave down into the desired shape. Plus this is good insurance if I miss out on the real lambsfoot drop, and if I screw it up I can try to pick up one of the other configurations of the 93 down the line.
Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

Wish me luck, I'm gonna break out the worksharp and shave down my natural micarta rams foot into a lambsfoot.
I am wishing you Luck. I have a #15 GEC Navy Knife in Micarta with the surgery performed by traumkommode traumkommode . He did an amazing conversion. As long as you understand the nuances of the Lambsfoot pattern, it should turn out well. Otherwise, @Jack Black is an exacting Master as to what passes muster.
73205129-1F05-4B6B-BDD0-95B934054FE7.jpeg

But you'll be removing the nail nick in the process, as well as the part of the blade that could be pinched to open. Are you planning on an EO notch?

That Lambsfoot is gorgeous! Even though I was unable to order one, waynorth waynorth and GEC did an amazing producing a beautiful looking knife and I’m excited for those who got one. Pics for us all when they start trickling in please!

Can't wait to see how it turns out :)
Thanks!

But you'll be removing the nail nick in the process, as well as the part of the blade that could be pinched to open. Are you planning on an EO notch?

I ended up grinding a new nail nick in - looks pretty bad currently, but its functional. Its also still pinchable.

Jordan, I'm not able to tag your name, I think because of the second ampersand in it? But I'm excited to see this.

Here is my rough cut version - https://i.imgur.com/SnNmsco.jpg
This is after the initial grinding - I had to go to bed, so its not finished yet, the taper needs to be a little crisper and less of an arch, and I need to clean up the spine a bit, but the rough shaping is passable. Its considerably slimmer in pocket now and getting close to the correct shape, nail nick is hideous but functional.

Is there any Ramsfoots left anywhere? I was out of town fishing this past weekend and was afraid I’d miss them. I know I’m dreaming of one of Charlie’s creations but not sure how attainable those will be but anything is possible or I’ll hope so at least. Such a great pattern and blade shape on both the ram and Lamb IMO!

Wasn't sure how much I was gonna like it but....instant favorite on the Natural Micarta version. WOW!

Thanks!

I ended up grinding a new nail nick in - looks pretty bad currently, but its functional. Its also still pinchable.

Here is my rough cut version - https://i.imgur.com/SnNmsco.jpg
This is after the initial grinding - I had to go to bed, so its not finished yet, the taper needs to be a little crisper and less of an arch, and I need to clean up the spine a bit, but the rough shaping is passable. Its considerably slimmer in pocket now and getting close to the correct shape, nail nick is hideous but functional.

Not sure what you're using to grind, but for that part, straightening the spine and finishing, I like turing the blade spine parallel to the grinding belt (up or down, and usually move the blade to half-stop so that the handle isn't in danger of the belt), and using the platen to ensure it's true/square.

Back