2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Can I ask if anybody knows whether the sharpened part of the blade will be under three inches? Hopefully it is, making it legal to carry in the UK.

Can I ask if anybody knows whether the sharpened part of the blade will be under three inches? Hopefully it is, making it legal to carry in the UK.
Given these two drawings, closed length of 3 7/8" and open length of 6.99" it seems the blade will be approx 3 1/8" bolster to tip. I would guess the sharpened portion of the blade will be under 3". But, not much under!:eek:
j66YjrP.jpg

441iW0U.jpg

Is Charlie's SFO bladeshape different from the rest of the 93 run? Charlie's SFO is listed as a lambsfoot blade shape. The rest of the run is listed as a ramsfoot.

I'm not familiar with a ramsfoot blade. Is this a new design, or a traditional design? If new, curious who designed it - Bill or Charlie, both?

Thank you, really looking forward to this one!
The rams foot is a new blade but will closely resemble the sheeps foot. According to Charlie, it will be a little wider with the spine of the blade more parallel with the edge as compared to a lambsfoot.
I do not know if it is was Charlie or Bill or both (most likely) maybe waynorth waynorth can confirm.

And parallel spine and edge is a Lamb Killer, so to speak.:)
So technically that slaughtered lamb etch should be on the rams foot :)
I have to say I am curious now the difference between the new rams foot and the sheeps foot. GEC has already used a sheeps foot on several knives why would they need to rename or reinvent it? There must something to distinguish between the two.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have to say I am curious now the difference between the new rams foot and the sheeps foot. GEC has already used a sheeps foot on several knives why would they need to rename or reinvent it? There must something to distinguish between the two.:rolleyes:
I don’t know what the the Ramsfoot will look like, but the most vexing hurdle for me in entering the Guardians World, was understanding the distinguishing characteristics of the Lambsfoot pattern. As you study Charlie’s illustration, his illustration in his signature line, and @Jack Black - Guardian of The Lambsfoot signature, it perhaps will become clearer. The spine is not parallel with the edge as the spine as it distally tapers and gradually slopes(and decreases in width) toward the tip. I’m a rank amateur, but that’s my best explanation. The Sheepsfoot blade is parallel between spine and edge and stays wider. The experts, Jack and Charlie will hopefully clarify, or get a Lambsfoot and come join the Guardians. Plenty of room.:)

As for the rename? ????

I don’t know what the the Ramsfoot will look like, but the most vexing hurdle for me in entering the Guardians World, was understanding the distinguishing characteristics of the Lambsfoot pattern. As you study Charlie’s illustration, his illustration in his signature line, and @Jack Black - Guardian of The Lambsfoot signature, it perhaps will become clearer. The spine is not parallel with the edge as the spine as it distally tapers and gradually slopes(and decreases in width) toward the tip. I’m a rank amateur, but that’s my best explanation. The Sheepsfoot blade is parallel between spine and edge and stays wider. The experts, Jack and Charlie will hopefully clarify, or get a Lambsfoot and come join the Guardians. Plenty of room.:)
I'm clear on the lambsfoot characteristics it is that rams foot that has me confused :)
Thanks waynorth waynorth for looking into it I think we are all curious!

The sharpened edge of a gec 15 main blade is usually around 2 and half inches (clip blade) with this pattern being an eighth of an inch longer in the handle i think you should be good.
Edit I was using the eye that stinks instead of the eye that winks

Last edited:
The sharpened edge of a gec 15 main blade is usually around 2 and half inches (clip blade) with this pattern being an eighth of an inch longer in the handle i think you should be good.
Hmmmm. . . . . . .the pattern is actually 3/8" longer in the handle. That would still keep the blade under 3" - barely!!

The rams foot is a new blade but will closely resemble the sheeps foot. According to Charlie, it will be a little wider with the spine of the blade more parallel with the edge as compared to a lambsfoot.
I do not know if it is was Charlie or Bill or both (most likely) maybe waynorth waynorth can confirm.

I saw that. I was wondering if it's the same blades for the entire run or two different blades. They're listed differently on the production schedule. Charlie's is listed as a lambsfoot. All the others are listed as a ramsfoot. I was also wondering if the ramsfoot is a traditional pattern or a new design?

I saw that. I was wondering if it's the same blades for the entire run or two different blades. They're listed differently on the production schedule. Charlie's is listed as a lambsfoot. All the others are listed as a ramsfoot. I was also wondering if the ramsfoot is a traditional pattern or a new design?
Charlie's will have the lambsfoot blade...traditional lambsfoot with a tapered spine. All of the others are going to be the mysterious ramsfoot. Initially, I thought they were the same shapes just different stamps but Charlie has confirmed they are indeed different. The only question is what does the ramsfoot actually look like.

Back