2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Of course, if you actually use the knife the the etch will be ephemeral;) Unless of course the blade's stainless, but GEC seems to have pulled a veil over stainless these days....;)

Hadn't been buying a lot this year, but it looks like things are starting to pick up. Things worked out for me last week. Two great keepers.

The etch on the GP ram's foot is one of those rare ones that add to the aesthetic of the knife. This model - ram's foot 93 in general - has a chance to become my favorite single blade user. Time will tell.

The Waynorth 93 is my first lambfoot, and I think it's a beautiful knife, and will make a terrific user (if I can bring myself to it - don't hold your breath though:)). It probably won't overtake the sheepfoot as my favorite blade...but it stands a fighting chance! Love the tang stamps!
20190624_105354.jpg
20190624_110057.jpg

That's a beauty Ryan. What are the bolsters made of? Are they magnetic?

Would you guys dig a Pemberton size Ram?

A smaller ram would be cool. I like the Pemberton, but it's very small. I think a 14 with a pinchable ram's foot blade would be amazing. Or something about that size that keeps the sway back. Maybe a bottle opener second blade? But I guess that's not much different from the 15 caplifters with a sheepsfoot.

That's a beauty Ryan. What are the bolsters made of? Are they magnetic?
I assume the bolsters are nickel silver. Interestingly, the Waynorth's bolster is much more attracted to the magnet than the Ram foot. I'm guessing there's either more nickel in the metal, or I'm wrong about the metal altogether.

I was asking about the lambsfoot. It might simply be the level of polish, but the bolster on the lambsfoot is composed of a "whiter" metal. Looks like steel to me. The sheepsfoot on the other hand is obviously nickle silver.

The ebony is so light compared to the bone,
It will disappear in pocket

iMpOlpY.jpg

The Ebony pinches open, but not the bone
Is that a normal variation?
Bone is 72g vs 62g ebony

The Ebony pinches open, but not the bone
Is that a normal variation?
Bone is 72g vs 62g ebony
I didn't get an ebony, but I can pinch open the bone version. Right on the nick especially (if you consider that "pinching"). Mine can be pinched closer to the tip as well, but it does want to slip a little as I approach half stop. If I wiped the oil off, it's pinchability would undoubtedly improve.

Hadn't been buying a lot this year, but it looks like things are starting to pick up. Things worked out for me last week. Two great keepers.

The etch on the GP ram's foot is one of those rare ones that add to the aesthetic of the knife. This model - ram's foot 93 in general - has a chance to become my favorite single blade user. Time will tell.

The Waynorth 93 is my first lambfoot, and I think it's a beautiful knife, and will make a terrific user (if I can bring myself to it - don't hold your breath though:)). It probably won't overtake the sheepfoot as my favorite blade...but it stands a fighting chance! Love the tang stamps!
View attachment 1150275
View attachment 1150285

The ebony is so light compared to the bone,
It will disappear in pocket

iMpOlpY.jpg

They look great! How's the pull? Snappy???

Last edited:
Back