2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

I begged GEC to make a smooth oily creek bone since last year. I missed out on the Frank's #14 buying a S&M Factory sample burnt sambar stag instead. Two weeks before GEC announced the Tidioute #93 natural oily Creek bone on their production schedule , I got a thumbs up on their FB messenger. I paid for two #93 oily creek bone knives for me , today. I am so very happy tonight ! I am going for the blue camel #93 and the two Northfield #93s next !

It’s great to see these wonderfully rendered Lambsfoot knives!

Very rewarding pictures, looks really fine closed as well as open:cool:

On a side-note: why are people so obsessed with blades that pinch open?? That's a feature of modern knives..;) and nail nicks have their uses:D I know some wag is going to put an EO-notch on one of the Waynorth's :eek::rolleyes:;)

Apparently left handers weren’t catered for back in the day, Will, my ambidextrous friend. ;):)

I remember my left handed grandmother telling me that sinistrals literally had it beaten out of them at school, until they learned to write with their right hand. If they picked up a pen with their left hand the teacher would come up behind them and crack ‘em good with a metre ruler! :eek:

So in the absence of lefty nail nick versions, it’s pinchable blades for this southpaw, or I won’t carry ‘em!:D:p:)

Last edited:
I'm sure you're going to hear this a lot...but wow...these are well done. I love the steel liners, the w&t is perfect, f&f is perfect, I can pinch both of mine open, beautiful jigging...just wow. Thank you Barry @gunstockjack for the amazing pair :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1150744
View attachment 1150745
Are the Rams foot knives brass or steel ? I just know that all these #93s will be the GEC knife run of the year. I am very excited about the #86 knives , also. I hope they come in two & single blades for the #86s.

Are the Rams foot knives brass or steel ? I just know that all these #93s will be the GEC knife run of the year. I am very excited about the #86 knives , also. I hope they come in two & single blades for the #86s.
The Rams are brass liners :thumbsup:

I'm jealous seeing all those nice Waynorth knives. Here's hoping for another lambsfoot run sometime in the near future.
I am so happy that my fellow blade collectors are finding the knifes of their dreams. The "hunt" is part of the fun. I am staying off of EVIL-BAY for GEC and Northwoods knives . I have made my best scores with other American and German traditional brands on EVIL-BAY. I knife hunt every GEC dealer many times a day. Our brains are stubborn . We go fool when someone says ,"YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS !". I am learning patients and faith ! The GEC future knives will be the best ones for me. I learned about GEC in June 2018. I am up to 30 GEC knives and two more on the way. Be happy and be thankful ! A great knife will drop right in your lap. I like buying new GEC and dealer NOS knives to support Blade industry jobs !

Last edited:
I begged GEC to make a smooth oily creek bone since last year. I missed out on the Frank's #14 buying a S&M Factory sample burnt sambar stag instead. Two weeks before GEC announced the Tidioute #93 natural oily Creek bone on their production schedule , I got a thumbs up on their FB messenger. I paid for two #93 oily creek bone knives for me , today. I am so very happy tonight ! I am going for the blue camel #93 and the two Northfield #93s next !
That's awesome! They look great. Good luck with the other knives!!!

I am so happy that my fellow blade collectors are finding the knifes of their dreams. The "hunt" is part of the fun. I am staying off of EVIL-BAY for GEC and Northwoods knives . I have made my best scores with other American and German traditional brands on EVIL-BAY. I knife hunt every GEC dealer many times a day. Our brains are stubborn . We go fool when someone says ,"YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS !". I am learning patients and faith ! The GEC future knives will be the best ones for me. I learned about GEC in June 2018. I am up to 30 knives and two more on the way. Be happy and be thankful ! A great knife will drop right in your lap. I like buying new GEC and dealer NOS knives to support Blade industry jobs !
Great post!!!

I did this write up for the Guardians thread but I think it appropriate here as well.

As we all are of aware of by now, the long, tireless efforts of Charlie to see the Lambsfoot pattern made on US soil has finally come to fruition. A highly anticipated release for a number of reasons, the downers have not served to dampen my enthusiasm one bit, regardless of whether I landed a knife or not.

Fortune smiled on me, even if but for a moment, and I was able to bring home a Waynorth Real Lamb Foot in that glorious Dark Chestnut Jigged Bone. Though I still hope to land one in Ebony, even should I not succeed, this one in bone is an exquisite treasure and I could not be more pleased with it.

All steel, beautiful bone, long, slim, and elegant, this knife hits all the right spots. What a masterpiece! What an absolute delight!

Well done, Charlie! And well done, GEC! They may not have believed, but I sure hope they do now.

FWxbLoa.jpg

0tEeNRq.jpg

yXd3r6T.jpg

Look at those stamps!!!

X4XzvH6.jpg

Es0TJyD.jpg

And a bit of a tipple to go with the good stuff above.

Sláinte!

c7F5Oqx.jpg

Oi. I started having second thoughts and decided I better pick up a jigged bone Waynorth too "just in case"... And in my rush to check out I accidentally purchased a factory second instead. Didn't realize those were going to be a thing. >.<

Meh. I went ahead and ordered a factory first Waynorth jigged bone Lamb's Foot too, lol. I'm sure if the order for the factory second can't be cancelled, that someone here will take it off my hands no problem. :)

I went through every GEC dealer as you were posting they were available, I must have just missed them. All the knife photos look amazing, love the look of that jigged bone and also a very good scotch selection. Cheers.

I went through every GEC dealer as you were posting they were available, I must have just missed them. All the knife photos look amazing, love the look of that jigged bone and also a very good scotch selection. Cheers.

If you hurry... The jigged bone is still available RIGHT NOW at a seller I can't mention (go through Waynorth's dealers).

Back